frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Recommendations on a good road bike saddle?

Any thoughts? I was using a shitty Oval Concepts saddle that I stole from my wife's old POS Kestral, but she stole it back and sold it on Ebay. I need something that is at least mildly more comfortable. Don't care if it's used either. Trying to keep it under $100.
Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.

Comments

• Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I like my Specialized Romin. Another dude I ride with likes his. So that's 2 votes.
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Selle SMP Stratos

• Options
    Thanks guys. Probably give the Romin a try. Two votes, right price point, looks decent!
    Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Fizik arione. Perfection for me. They wear pretty well. Not brooks, but a used one will still last you years.
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    2 million thumbs up for my Specialized Power (155mm). I tried a gagillion till this one. I'm sure it's so individual though, right?
    brockduke21Granpa ChookKenElPescadoPelado

#Sworry 2019 - See you there!
  • Options
    I’m with @Tad_Machrowicz the specialized power in a 155 is my saddle of choice. It was the solution to the puzzle that was my nether regions.
    Tad_M
  • Options
    My recommendation is also the specialized power. It's pretty nice. I can't remember what version I have but it's in 143mm. I have it on my road bike.
    DHansenTriTad_M
  • Options
    Kelly O'MaraKelly O'Mara Member, Pro Triathlete
    This is super random, but I took the Specialized seat that came with my husband's Shiv and it's my fucking favorite, refuse to go to anything else. so.
    Tad_M
  • Options
    I use a Cobb JOF 55 on my road bike. Tried it on the tri bike but didn’t like it but on the road bike it’s comfortable
    You can send a video clip of yourself riding to Cobb and they will recommend a saddle and make adjustment recommendations based on your video.

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch