Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey
for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.
WTC overhauls Kona Qualification for Pros
Ironman is going back to a slot-based qualification system for pros in 2019.
WC Winners—and Now Podium Finishers—Return Automatically
- Kona will offer 100 pro qualifying slots. Male and female pros will have an equal number of guaranteed slots at ~37 each.
- The remaining “floating slots,” will be handed out at certain qualifying races in proportion to the number of pros competing.
- 70.3 Will Not Qualify Anyone for Kona
- 70.3 Worlds qualification will work on the same slot system, but 85 each (remember: 2-day event)
- Past Ironman and 70.3 world champions do not have to re-qualify for 5 years. (with validation)
- New: 2nd and 3rd place at the world championships get a 1 year exemption. (with validation)
IM starting Sept. 9, 2018 at Ironman Gurye Korea, Ironman Wisconsin, and Ironman Wales for the Ironman World Championship,
70.3 starting July 8, 2018 at Ironman 70.3 Jönköping and Ironman 70.3 Ecuador for the Ironman 70.3 World Championship.
The first world championships under the new policy will take place in 2019.