frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Go Fund Yourself

Some other triathlon media outlets deemed this too harsh to post. Luckily for us, Ben isn't a complete pussy. Thoughts?
http://trstriathlon.com/go-fund-yourself/
wchevronsimonsen77AaronWebsteykjrunninCraig DRobert RankinMartinJennifer PostGranpa ChookDerekLJames LangeMamaCheetah

Comments

• Options
    The article sums up my thoughts exactly.
    bbculpM_Ware
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Glad to see more than 140 (err 280, fu @jack) characters on this. Yeah, I agree the way she did this is a crock, and like the suggestion to donate it to the Kyle Pease foundation.

That being said, I think there might be a way to do this without being a jackass. No one seemed to give Vaughters shit for his gofundme for Slipstream, and he says the support actually strengthened his position seeking sponsors.

If she had used that angle - hey, support me basically to help me show my marketability to sponsors, maybe this wouldn’t look so bad. Probably would be more effective after a year or two of Cody Beals type transparency though.
    AaronWebsteybbculpCraig D
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Yeah, this article just led me to kick off my Holiday charity campaign with a $25 donation to World Bicycle Relief. Feel free to pile on donations.
    M_WarebbculpAaronWebsteysimonsen77kjrunnin
  • Options
    In lieu of giving my Secret Santa a gift, I'm going to make a donation to the Go Fund Me in their honor.
    M_WareCraig DAaronWebsteysimonsen77MartinItsShugmaggieru
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Me: "hey @bbculp why don't you post a link to your article on the Roost and watch the fireworks!"

Roost:

Craig DwchevronKenElPescadoPeladoNotSoFatLew
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    "“The main reason I created the GoFundMe was for friends and family who requested it." Bullshit. Why would your friends and family choose to gift you money through a platform that keeps 8% (or so) of the money when they can give you cash or transfer money for free?
    M_WareCraig DbbculpAaronWebsteyRobert Rankin

• Options
    GregwarroGregwarro Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

"“The main reason I created the GoFundMe was for friends and family who requested it." Bullshit. Why would your friends and family choose to gift you money through a platform that keeps 8% (or so) of the money when they can give you cash or transfer money for free?

Family members and friends were already tired of being asked for money and told her to set up a go fund me account in the hopes they could get off the hook :D
    Craig DKenElPescadoPeladoEvilTwinwchevronbbculpAaronWebsteyJennifer Post
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I seriously can’t believe people are giving to this “cause”. I’ve seen people defend her (and share this article) via Facebook. I think its stupid for an age grouper to ask to fund their vacation cough*race*cough but have no idea why people would defend a pro begging like this. Friends and family transfers on PayPal are free. Read somewhere her father in law is Martin Dingman? If that’s true that makes this even more laughable.

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    edited December 7

Read somewhere her father in law is Martin Dingman? If that’s true that makes this even more laughable.

If true then this could explain everything about that family.

kjrunninItsShugbbculp
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing the link. I was in the market for a $550 wallet made from a slaughtered alligator.
    AaronWebstey

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch