frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Did I do the right thing?

EvanEvan Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
At IM Florida this weekend, in T1, I went to pee before the bike and dropped my Garmin 520 in the portapotty... i had a split second decision to make - leave it for dead or reach in and fish it out... i chose the latter.

M_Warembrekk44College_TriBrent_R
  1. Did i make the right decision?39 votes
    1. Yes, but i'm a disgusting human being.
      74.36%
    2. No...you can always buy a new one
      25.64%

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I am simultaneously grossed out and massively impressed. I don't know if I could have done that. Kudos to you.
    MamaCheetahHSeeley14EvanfyrehaarmaggieruTad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    You are now on my list, along with @AaronWebstey, of Tri Roosters not to shake hands with.
    AaronWebsteyCraig DMattKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetahHSeeley14simonsen77kjrunninEvanmbrekk44maggieruStruangNotSoFatLewTad_Machrowiczyournotuniquerangamel
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    If it was just the urinal side of the Port-a-Potty, then you're ok. If it was the blue shit-filled section, then your new nickname is Evan-Shitknuckles.
    AaronWebsteyMamaCheetahsimonsen77kjrunninEvanfyrehaarwchevronNotSoFatLewTad_Machrowiczyournotuniqueneil5young
  • Options
    Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Oh man. That's shitty. Kudos to you. Not sure what I would do tbh. This is just proof that the numbers matter more than anything. Lol. please please tell me you used half the container of hand sanitizer.
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Machrowicz
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Matt said:

If it was just the urinal side of the Port-a-Potty, then you're ok. If it was the blue shit-filled section, then your new nickname is Evan-Shitknuckles.

Exactly this - first thing that came to mind was: how many triathletes' pre-race anxiety shits does it take, to pile high enough so that you didn't have to climb down in and go spelunking?!?!

If it was just piss, then it's hardly worth creating an R. Kelly badge. But maybe.
    MattMamaCheetahCraig DHSeeley14M_Warefyrehaarmbrekk44Tad_Machrowiczyournotunique
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I dropped a gel at IMFL a million years ago on the floor of a port o let. There must be some weird vortex over that race ! I yelled "fuck" and then in my delirousness I picked it up and put it in an empty pocket saying "just in case". Thank god I didn't need it. Ha ha. But a GPS .... IN the shitter ? Naw man. Naw.
    Craig DHSeeley14EvanAaronWebstey
  • Options
    So, little more context (loving the feedback). It dropped in the top right portion of shitter portion. in blue liquid but def not on top of the mountain. was floating and obviously had to be affected by "splatter." i sanitized and ate with only my left hand the remainder of the day. unclear if i should keep the garmin now though.

first thought that ran through my mind was i wanted my power meter for the ride. didn't even think about financial loss on the garmin
    MamaCheetahAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
  • Options
    Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @Evan which hand did you high 5 @Robert Rankin with? I'm gripped with morbid curiosity here.
    M_WareMamaCheetahMattAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladowchevronTad_Machrowiczyournotunique
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    obviously the right. this is a team, after all
    Craig DMamaCheetahAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninTad_Machrowiczyournotunique

• Options
    Dude Ive done some nasty unspeakable things during ironman. Youve come to far to let a little bit of someone elses poop to stop you from being awesome.
    GregwarroAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoEvilTwinCraig Dmbrekk44Tad_MachrowiczPreachSwansonyournotuniqueKuchKelly O'Mara
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    I keep thinking of Slumdog Millionaire when I read this story.

M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoMattCraig DAaronWebsteyMartinTad_Machrowiczsimonsen77College_Triyournotunique
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Not only did you do the right thing, you did the only responsible thing. I would have fished out things that cost a lot less than a Garmin 520.
    KenElPescadoPeladoellsworth53tAaronWebsteyEvanyournotunique

• Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Yes, you did the right thing. Yes we should call you shitknuckles
    KenElPescadoPeladoCraig DkjrunninAaronWebsteyEvanTad_Machrowiczsimonsen77yournotunique
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    edited November 7
    This explains why i started vomiting on mile 13

Before and after @Evan

KenElPescadoPeladokjrunninAaronWebsteymaggieruwchevronMartinEvanTad_Machrowiczsimonsen77Craig DPreachSwansonyournotunique

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    @Robert Rankin didn't get his KQ single handedly because i put my 520 in the crapper... i'm a stain for the team
    Robert RankinTad_MachrowiczkjrunninAaronWebstey

• Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited November 7
    Evan said:

@Robert Rankin didn't get his KQ single handedly because i put my 520 in the crapper... i'm a stain for the team

@Evan, you are a great stain. Stains are what make this team. I love this team. I'm not sure any thread on any other forum so accurately embodies the passion of a group like this does for TRS/Baucco/Roosters.

P.S. Use your left hand when you hand me a champagne shoey next time we podium together, and double #Sworry to @Robert Rankin
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoCraig DRobert RankinAaronWebsteyEvan

• Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, TRS/Baucco Officers
    This thread just made my morning... and it made me throw up... I didn't drop anything in it though, so winning!
    AaronWebsteysimonsen77Craig D
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    How has no one else asked this: why wasn't the already 520 attached to your bike? Why were you carrying it with you into the shitter?

This story doesn't smell right.
    Mattbalsdorfmbrekk44EvanKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MachrowiczCraig Dkjrunnin
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph | Follow yournotunique

• Options
    It is obvious. He forgot to put it on the bike that morning and had to carry it with him on the swim. However, he had to pockets so he had to keister it. Which explains so much.

Mattmbrekk44KenElPescadoPeladowchevron
  • Options
    great question. normally on my bike. but i put it in my bike bag because my friend i did the race with was like, "dude, someone's gonna steal that right off your bike." and then i got into this whole paradigm about the goodness of man. in any event, i was like "well, whatever, i'll just bring it to my bike when i get my bike bag at T1"
    dhr

• Options
    Kelly O'MaraKelly O'Mara Member, Pro Triathlete
    Evan said:

At IM Florida this weekend, in T1, I went to pee before the bike and dropped my Garmin 520 in the portapotty... i had a split second decision to make - leave it for dead or reach in and fish it out... i chose the latter.

The only thing you did wrong was make me have to figure out which one is "the latter."
    AaronWebsteyCraig D
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    Evan said:

and then i got into this whole paradigm about the goodness of man.

And you ended up in shit up to your wrist.

How poetic!
    KenElPescadoPeladoEvan

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch