frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

First Christmas 2017 Discussion

Took my Hallowe'en decorations down this morning and noticed a few neighbours plugged in their Xmas decorations. Evil.

Answer two questions:

1. What do you want most? Points for creativity.
2. What tri-related thing do you want?
M_Ware

Comments

• Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    1. Jane Jetson’s machine that gets her ready instantly (hair, makeup, clothes) while she just stands there.
    2. Swim ability.
    M_Warembrekk44AaronWebsteyMamaCheetahTad_Mrigpig

• Options
    I just want some snow, and maybe a set of xc skis to use on it. But I’ll take a pass to our local mountain* for downhill.

*in Chicago that means 10 runs and ~300’ vertical. My fat, rockered, twin tips are a touch overkill.
    MamaCheetah
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    1) I want Bart Simpson's ability from Simpsons Treehouse of Horror II where he turns Homer into a Jack-in-the-box.

2) Time to get back into training.
    KenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetah
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    1. my dignity, after Aruba
    2. see #1
    eremillongJames LangemaggierurangamelCraig DMamaCheetahAJ Bauccoidking90Tad_M
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    1) I 've wanted the same thing since 1993, Lego set 6286: "Skull's Eye Schooner"

2) Somebody to decrease the elevation gain from the Pemberton flats up to Whistler.
    AaronWebsteyMartinCraig DBrent_R

• Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    1.) More raccoons

2.) Castelli to stop fat shaming me with their ridiculous unrealistic body standards.
    M_WareRobert RankinKenElPescadoPeladomaggierusimonsen77AaronWebsteyMartinCraig DBrew_TriMamaCheetahTad_MrigpigBrent_R
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    1. To have wild and crazy sex (consensual) without worrying about breaking my pelvis
    2. Some 1 piece clip on aerobars that are rounded and connected in the front. They look very durable
    ItsShugKenElPescadoPeladomaggieruAaronWebsteyMartinkjrunninCraig DBrew_TririgpigBrent_R
  • Options
    Buy a baby-sized Castelli for your next raccoon?
    maggieruMamaCheetah
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Matt said:

Oh, you mean a "medium" ?
    kjrunninM_WareRobert RankinMattRashKenElPescadoPeladomaggierusimonsen77mbrekk44AaronWebsteyMartinCraig DTad_MBrent_R
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    A year's supply of "Blue Apron @AJ Baucco Coaching Recipes" that can be prepped in <5 minutes and get me to where I, too, can run shirtless without scaring small children.
    M_WarekjrunninAaronWebsteyCraig DMamaCheetahAJ Bauccoidking90Tad_MBrent_R
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    My TRS-related Christmas list:
    - New baby raccoons for @ItsShug (12/10 would reactivate facebook for that)
    - More @M_Ware Instagrams of Hattie Jane leaping hay bales (#TeamHJ)
    M_WareItsShugmbrekk44AaronWebsteyTad_M
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Go #TeamHJ !!
    kjrunninmaggieru
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited November 2017
    Here is HJ for @maggieru, not HJ eyes, @AaronWebstey. For @mbrekk44’s #1 request I think we should all be on the look out for a trained professional with a physical therapy background. #safetyfirst

mbrekk44maggierukjrunninAaronWebsteyrigpig
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Didn’t about 10 of y’all travel to Aruba with crazy sex swings (or at least that’s what you told your gate agents). Send one to Mitch!
    M_WareCraig Dmbrekk44MamaCheetahKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyTad_MrigpigBrent_R
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

I just want some snow, and maybe a set of xc skis to use on it. But I’ll take a pass to our local mountain* for downhill.

*in Chicago that means 10 runs and ~300’ vertical. My fat, rockered, twin tips are a touch overkill.

So, will you take any color snow ? Cuz in chicago we only have yellow brown and gray snow. If you aren't in Chicago I will send you all you want (soon)

AaronWebstey
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    ItsShug said:

Matt said:

But you can't get red.
    Tad_M
  • Options

So, will you take any color snow ? Cuz in chicago we only have yellow brown and gray snow. If you aren't in Chicago I will send you all you want (soon)

Im in oak park. The snow falls white, and stays that way for a couple hours, at least. If you’re not in the loop or high traffic neighborhoods it stays white for a while.
  • Options
    Did someone say Yellow Snow???

MamaCheetah
  • Options
    AJ BauccoAJ Baucco Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, TRS/Baucco Officers, Pro Triathlete
    ItsShug said:

1.) More raccoons

2.) Castelli to stop fat shaming me with their ridiculous unrealistic body standards.

Hahah I second this...
    ItsShugAaronWebstey
    Pro Triathlete, Coach, and Inaugural Kona Beer Mile Champion
  • Options
    Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @KHilgendorf unfortunately the snow looks like it's here to stay for the folks in the Edmonton area. Not enough for skis yet. A couple more weeks and I'll be sick if it. We can arrange a house swap for a couple of months if you want.
    AaronWebsteyMamaCheetah
    Canadian Division
  • Options

Didn’t about 10 of y’all travel to Aruba with crazy sex swings (or at least that’s what you told your gate agents). Send one to Mitch!

I guess we know what his secret santa is getting him. Don't forget the amazon link at the top of the page.
    AaronWebstey
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    @Craig D if you finish the renovations on my dining room I started 4 months ago, you can stay here all winter. I’ll hit up some resorts in banff. And keep your roof clear.
    Craig Dmbrekk44KenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebstey
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter

ItsShug said:

Matt said:

But you can't get red.
    That's it. @AJ Baucco , I'm wearing a ladies kit this year. I like the red, and can't stand the idea of @MamaCheetah not hitting her 5 total. With Castelli sizing, it really doesn't make any difference for me anyway since Im about 7x's off the charts.

Please sign me up for the team that helps with the @mbrekk44 item #2. (Be sure that's item #2......)
    simonsen77M_Warembrekk44AaronWebsteyAJ BauccoCraig DKenElPescadoPeladorigpigMamaCheetah

• Options

1) I 've wanted the same thing since 1993, Lego set 6286: "Skull's Eye Schooner"

2) Somebody to decrease the elevation gain from the Pemberton flats up to Whistler.

Your Christmas wishes come true... kind of... IMC bike is now 3 loops and no more Pemberton to Whistler climb. More climbing overall though.

http://www.ironman.com/~/media/28db4e7edaa24f9283823fb46f17cd37/ironman course map im canada bike 2018 web 1.pdf
    KenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    3 times up the Callahan .... someone is a really sick bastard for coming up with that. I had a suspicion but hoped it wouldn’t be the case.
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Craig D said:

3 times up the Callahan .... someone is a really sick bastard for coming up with that. I had a suspicion but hoped it wouldn’t be the case.

It doesn’t look like we go all the way up. I don’t mind Callaghan- it’s long but it’s kind of stepped so you have a few recovery opportunities along the way. I think Alta Lake Rd will be sketchy. Hills, curves, rough pavement and a narrow road with bidirectional bike traffic... add lots of tired triathletes with shitty bike handling skills who don’t understand blocking... it’ll have its own challenges.

I’m going to miss the ride TO Pemberton but other than the view, I hated the flats.

• Options
    Glad I got to do the old course. Coming from the flatness of TX it was brutal, but the views were worth it.

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch