frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

BTA Setup

I have a Zipp BTA set up on my bike. It holds my garmin and then also has a water bottle holder. I love an actual water bottle (as opposed to a TorHans or something else) that i can just ditch and replace.

Here's my question: My water bottle always leaks... does anyone else have a similar setup without a leaky bottle situation?

#actualtriathlonquestion

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities

Comments

• Options
    so that's just a different bottle cage... like how do you keep the BOTTLE from leaking at the lid? does the Z4 somehow do that?

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    @Evan I have used the "Xlab Aqua Shot Racing Water Bottle" for two years now and like it a lot. It is basically a regular water bottle but the valve on top allows it to be stored on its side without leaking
    Evan
  • Options
    camelbak bottles. Or if you want a normal bottle/hand up, you get to close the valve before lying it on its side.
    Evan
  • Options
    I've had pretty good luck with the specialized purist bottles
    EvanTad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    +1 on purist. first bottles for me that don't weep on all the bouncy washboard gravel. I feel like I'm going to loose some teeth soon pulling the top open on the fly, but otherwise, awesome.

• Options
    Trek bike bottles have been great for me. All I use.
    Canadian Division

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch