frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

2017 men's elite road race **spoilers allowed***

Please tell me you guys watched this race! I only really started paying attention in the last 30km, but so worth it.
When keeping it real goes terribly wrong.

Comments

• Options
    I watched it. Started on the last lap. It was odd when they lost live race footage the last 4km but at the same time it made the ending even more suspenseful. Great finish. I saw there's now overhead footage for the missing 4km but haven't watched yet.

I liked how Peter thanked "his friends" in the peloton that helped him too.
    Matt
  • Options
    Unbelievable Sagan!
    Jennifer Post

• Options
    I was on the edge of my seat for the last K but had the last hour or so on as background noise. It was a fantastic race made even more surprisingly b/c I didn't recognize Sagan in his national colors (I'm a moron).
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    Only down side of the race in my mind was Bling ending up on the podium. Every interview he complains about doing too much work - he had an entire team there riding in support of him. He is either admitting he is stupid for working so much or he is indirectly throwing his team under the bus. Based on how often he directly blames his team (national or trade), I have to guess it's the latter. I can't stand that guy.

Yeah Sagan!

*I am a self admitted Matthews hater (not sure how it started) and a Sagan fanboy.
    Jennifer PostTad_Machrowicz

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch