frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Banned

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
Roosters,

As some of you may have already noticed, I have levied a forum ban on @TRS_tri . This is not a joke, or a stunt, although I have informed Ben in advance of my intent.

This forum started at Ben's request, was built under his direction, and - whether you like to admit it or not - never would have existed if not for fans of TRS Radio and the TRS_Tri twitter account. If you enjoy reading, contributing, or even hating this forum, you owe that in large part to Ben. I have privately thanked him for all of his early leadership and continued contributions to this community, and do so publicly here. Please join me in my gratitude and appreciation.

That being said, over the past few months (or more), I have grown increasingly uncomfortable with the way Ben has been interacting with our members. While it used to be funny to see him come on here, blow his stack, and threaten to SHUT THIS SHIT DOWN!!!, it has moved past that into something less entertaining and healthy for everyone. To be honest, the one person it seems to affect most negatively is Ben himself - lots of late-night posts filled with unfiltered rage, uncharacteristically thoughtless insults, and downright abusive behaviour toward people who seem to just be busting his chops and/or trying to offer constructive criticism.

I had never banned any real-life, non-spam, non-bot user before Ben. As a friend and former business partner, I'd like to say I'm surprised that Ben is the first to be banned - but in reality, I think I saw it coming long ago and am just glad I finally had the guts to pull the trigger. In the end, sincere verbal abuse of our members is unacceptable, and I will not stand for it. I actually have grown to care about our diverse and entertaining ensemble of weirdos.

My apologies for the Rapp-length essay - I'm sure none of you, including Ben, care even 1/10th as much as I do about this. I promise that Ban number 2, if it ever comes, will be swift and silent (I'm looking at you, @KHilgendorf ! ;) ). But it's a load off my mind, and I thank you for humouring me.

W

PS - I *would* like to continue our trend of discussing TRS Radio episodes. It's still a great show and generates a lot of my favourite conversations here.
James LangeRashMattGasBombdhrEvan

Comments

• Options
    Wait... what now? Did I just get called out?
    M_WareAaronWebsteyHSeeley14Dark_markMamaCheetahCollege_Triyournotunique
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Eat a dick Ben!
    M_WareAaronWebsteyGranpa ChookGasBombHSeeley14Dark_markbalsdorfEvan

• Options

Roosters,

- lots of late-night posts filled with unfiltered rage, uncharacteristically thoughtless insults, and downright abusive behaviour toward people who seem to just be busting his chops and/or trying to offer constructive criticism.

simonsen77MattAaronWebsteyGasBombItsShugKHilgendorfHSeeley14Tad_MachrowiczyournotuniqueEvan
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I have closed this discussion, I will talk with aaron later if he wants to reopen it he can.
    AaronWebsteywchevronGasBombJames LangedhrDark_markyournotunique
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Final comment: @KHilgendorf #sworry, just kidding buddy. For some reason I enjoy busting your chops.

@ItsShug thanks for closing while I was out gallivanting around the soccer field. Correct decision, I don't think any more needs to be said. Let's get on with it.
    Jennifer PostMamaCheetah
This discussion has been closed.

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch