frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Handy Home Improvement Tips

Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
If the bottoms of your steel garage doors rust near the rubber seal, the fix is easy.
1. Power wire brush with an attachment on your drill.
2. Treat with a high quality rust converter.
3. Prime with an excellent red oxide based anti rust primer.
4. Topcoat with two coats of a high quality rust oleum white gloss oil based enamel. Not that easy to clean latex stuff.
5. At the end of the second coat, be sure to trip and evenly coat your garage floor, ladder, driveway, and flower pot. It helps to have your garage door open so the splash of the bouncing/rotating paint can coats the back of your dark colored auto.
When sprinting to the laundry room for towels, ensure that you you don't notice that your paint soaked running shoes are leaving footprints on the garage and interior kitchen/laundry rough hewn slate floor until you have finished gathering all the old towels you will need.
6. Clean incredibly quickly with two gallon jugs of Turpentine in order of importance to spouse: Kitchen Slate, Footprints in Garage, Flower Pot, Entire back of car, Neck/Arms/Legs.
7. Take a post workout photo like all good multi-sporters, and log this as a high intensity 5 minute VO2max interval workout in TrainingPeaks.

MamaCheetahwchevronRashM_WareAaronWebsteyAlexSsimonsen77mbrekk44Craig DBrendo78kjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoStruangJennifer Postmaggieru

Comments

• Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Wow ! Great cleanup effort. Can hardly tell .... she won't even notice.
    AaronWebsteyCraig Dmaggieru
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    Nice BMW. Maybe remove your license plate?

#humblebrag
    AaronWebsteyandrewm88
  • Options
    @Matt , the nice thing about being crotchety and old enough to not give a crap is you do things like show your license plate and even use your real name on forums.
    If anyone want's my car, they're welcomed to steal it. It will put 2 years of heartache to bed. I've driven over 600k miles on these cars, and loved them until this one.
    Ha ha @MamaCheetah , you do realize that's the final effort result? You can see some splatter on the bricks still which wouldn't come off, but the car was terrible. Truly took my breath away when it happened. Proud to say the kitchen slate and rest of garage is perfect.
    My wife asked only one thing as she was laughing when she pulled in the driveway. "You didn't cuss in front of the kids and neighbors did you?" I answered that I was too stunned into action that I couldn't even speak. We laughed as it became clear the rough concrete cleaning was impossible without additional tools/chemicals. Oh well, maybe I'll paint the driveway white.
    M_WareAaronWebsteyMamaCheetahsimonsen77KenElPescadoPeladomaggieru

• Options
    it's karma for getting a "GT" model bimmer.
    Tad_Machrowiczmaggieru
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @Tad_Machrowicz maybe this is a stupid question but did you try pressure washing the driveway? I pressure washed my driveway a couple of years ago and discovered the pressure washer will remove paint. Not coincidentally this immediately precipitated needing to repaint my garage door.
    AaronWebsteysimonsen77KenElPescadoPeladoTad_MachrowiczMattJennifer Post

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Might want to have a tub of driveway sealant handy after the pressure washing. Better to seal now than crack-fill later!

Turning up my dad-ness to 11,
    W
    KenElPescadoPeladoBrew_TriTad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    Thanks @kjrunnin , not a stupid question. Tried the next day. The enamel won't budge. From what I've read, I have to use liberal amounts of gel paint stripper combined with the power washer. Maybe multiple cycles. Just not ready to tackle yet. @AaronWebstey , yep, good idea.
    AaronWebstey

• Options

it's karma for getting a "GT" model bimmer.

Most astute and relevant point of this whole mess @dessertdude !!!
    AaronWebsteyM_Ware

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch