frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

TriRig Omni

edited August 11 in Main
Does anyone other than @Dark_mark or @TRS_tri have one? I am curious to see pictures and hear more about it. I was intrigued by that bike when it came out, but it's been super quiet ever since. I would love to see DarkMark's Omni and hear his take on it, but he has seemed a bit hesitant to this point to show/discuss it (despite Ben's repeated assurances that he is thrilled with it). As for Ben, I know he has one, but was hoping for a little more insight than "it has round wheels".

Anyway, just curious - not like I can afford one. Maybe someone will have one at Nationals this weekend I can check out.

ETA - If Mark has already revealed his or discussed it on social media, then ignore my comments in that regard. I am not really on social media - I still use a hotmail account. TriRoost is my social media.
AaronWebstey

Comments

• Options
    I talked about it quite a bit a few eps ago
  • Options
    @Dark_mark Are you still happy with it having had it for a while now? What are your thoughts on the build/finish quality. I know Nick has always been innovative, but some of his products have not always been stellar out of the gate. I am not talking about in comparison to your Falco, I am meaning in comparison to a real bike made by a real bike company that actually exists.
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Everything about the bike is well thought out, well made, and finished nicely. It really is a great bike, and I am not just saying that. It's a game changer.
    AaronWebsteyM_WareRash
  • Options
    @Dark_mark are you running a 1x setup?

How hard or easy would a di2 setup be while keeping everything pretty damn clean? Is there a good spot to hide the di2 junction boxes and internal battery?

I have yet to see one in person so it's hard to figure it out on via pictures online.
  • Options
    @stevej literally he has created a stem purpose built to be aero and hide a di2 junction. He has thought of just about everything.
  • Options
    So what happened to @Dark_mark and the shiv? If the misses cleared him for 2 TT bikes, I might consider finding a new wife and giving up my kids.
    kjrunninCraig D
  • Options
    And yes, running 1x. Don't think I will ever run 2x for TT or tri again.

@KHilgendorf Shiv still gets use. I will use for UCI TT's.
  • Options
    @Dark_mark , any pictures of the Omni build?
  • Options
    @wchevron will try to post later today
    MattkjrunninRashTad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteysimonsen77KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    here ya go ya hosiers

simonsen77Craig DAaronWebsteywchevronRobert RankinTad_MachrowiczMattkjrunnindhr
  • Options
    Do you like the Dash saddle? I could never get comfortable it.
  • Options
    edited August 12

M_WareTad_MachrowiczMattStruangCraig DAaronWebsteysimonsen77kjrunninBrent_R

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    @wchevron I love it. Have one on road bike and on TT/tri.

Not all taints are created equal.
    AaronWebsteyPubliusValeriusjayrodet5504
  • Options
    Rash said:

Does anyone other than @Dark_mark or @TRS_tri have one? I am curious to see pictures and hear more about it. I was intrigued by that bike when it came out, but it's been super quiet ever since. I would love to see DarkMark's Omni and hear his take on it, but he has seemed a bit hesitant to this point to show/discuss it (despite Ben's repeated assurances that he is thrilled with it). As for Ben, I know he has one, but was hoping for a little more insight than "it has round wheels".

Anyway, just curious - not like I can afford one. Maybe someone will have one at Nationals this weekend I can check out.

ETA - If Mark has already revealed his or discussed it on social media, then ignore my comments in that regard. I am not really on social media - I still use a hotmail account. TriRoost is my social media.

I have been demo-ing the thing for a couple months now and have some long-form thoughts I'm putting into a review. In a nutshell it seems to be like most TriRig products, and as Mark said very well designed and thought out, but in my view it might be too ambitious in some respects. Salazar is always pushing the limits with aero and weight and integration (wiring, etc.) and form factor, while trying to solve problems nobody else is (e.g. the steerer hirth joint), but that also creates failure points and longevity issues. And I worry about that a lot with Omni.

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch