frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Hamstring Bruising Post-Marathon?

I ran the san francisco marathon last sunday. My legs were obviously toast. I've done some light spinning on the trainer and ran a couple miles since then. My legs (four days out) still feel lethargic and sore (like i need to stretch). THEN, tonight, when i was basking in all my naked glory, my wife was like, "what's on your hammy?" And i've basically got some bruising on the hamstring that's been overly sore.

Anyone experienced this before? Thoughts on moving forward on that?

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities

Comments

• Options
    Shouldn't be anything to be concerned about. I sometimes get some bruising when my legs are toast and I get a real deep massage.
  • Options
    I'm not a Doctor but I think you should probably amputate and invest in some robot legs before the bruising spreads.
    Evanneil5youngAdriennesimonsen77kjrunninMartinGentlemanJerseyDaveKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    In what position where you basking naked where your wife is looking at your hamstring?
    kjrunninGentlemanJerseyDave
  • Options
    let's just say i was aero, @Matt
    Mattneil5youngwchevronCraig DscottyStruangAaronWebsteykjrunninRobert RankinTad_MachrowiczGentlemanJerseyDaveItsShugKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    edited July 28
    Never pegged you for that

;)
    balsdorfCraig DscottykjrunninHensatcMartinIanLTad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    bruising is just indicative of tissue damage more significant than in previous efforts ... but you knew that already from your perceived slow recovery. You essentially pulled your hammy slowly over 26 miles rather than out of the blocks on tv at the olympics. BUT given the hammy is actually three distinct muscles with two separate enervations and three actions over two large weight bearing joints... rehab can sometimes be a bitch and this WILL recur unless properly rehabed... so ... find a good PT if this thing doesnt clear in a couple days and get started on the road back.

oh... shit... sorry ..
    ********DICK JOKE**********
    wchevronAaronWebsteyMartinMattsimonsen77Robert RankinCraig DTad_MachrowiczkjrunninEvanAlexSGentlemanJerseyDaveKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    wow. learn something new every day. thanks for the advice (and dick joke) @Hensatc
    AaronWebstey

• Options
    AlexS said:

I'm not a Doctor but I think you should probably amputate and invest in some robot legs before the bruising spreads.

...and then avoid "accidentally" shooting your girlfriend in your apartment in the middle of the night. That never works out well.

M_WareMattAaronWebsteyAlexSKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options

AlexS said:

...and then avoid "accidentally" shooting your girlfriend in your apartment in the middle of the night. That never works out well.

MamaCheetahRashM_WareHensatcCraig DAaronWebsteyTad_Machrowicz
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch