frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Fantasy TDF

Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
Got bored during my funemployment. If anyone wants to join a league it makes each stage a bit more fun to watch. Maybe @AaronWebstey could throw some pot brownies in as a prize.

Velogames.com
League name Triroost
League number 77395838
Yay Sports! :#
Aaron Webstey

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    One TriRoost.com t-shirt to the winner! So this contest serves a dual purpose, as I now have to get off my ass and finalize the t-shirt design. Thanks for this @College_Tri !
    Brew_TriMamaCheetah
    #KOAT
  • Options

One TriRoost.com t-shirt to the winner! So this contest serves a dual purpose, as I now have to get off my ass and finalize the t-shirt design. Thanks for this @College_Tri !

how has nobody given a design where the the two 'O's in roost are balls of the cock logo?

Aaron WebsteyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninEvanTad_M
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    That's pretty great ... I will probably incorporate that little trick.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, POTM
    edited June 2017
    What's the league # if you don't happen to have balls ? @AaronWebstey , @College_Tri - I'm IN.
    Brew_Tri
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    @College_Tri
    Do we have to create an account first to get into the League you created?

If someone happens to see a league called Triroost but has my name on it disregard it. I was trying to log in the league College Tri created but somehow created my own league?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    deleted cuz i felt bad... yeah @wchevron you need to make one
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'm in. Did the same thing as @wchevron though, so use @College_Tri 's code to find the right league.
  • Options
    your old is showing... @martin @wchevron

wchevronAaron Webstey
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    edited June 2017

Damn whippersnappers!

I won't tell you how many times I tried it before I figured it out.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options

Did you have to pull your phone out of your romphims to type that? Damn millennials.

M_WareMamaCheetahBrew_TriAaron WebsteyCraig_Dsimonsen77
  • Options
    I'm in too! I'm new around here too so hello!
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareBrew_TriCraig_DKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited June 2017
    Welcome @ToasterTrudel !!!! Thanks @College_Tri for starting the mini-league. Greg LeMond's gonna kill it this year for sure.
    Brew_TriAaron WebsteyM_WareCraig_D
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    My plan is to pick whomever Uli hates the most these days, and assume they have the best motors and drugs.
    KenElPescadoPeladoM_WareTad_MMartinBrew_Trimbrekk44Jennifer PostMark_after_Dark
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I'm in. Very tempting to take the advice of Quincy the mini-horse too.
    http://www.bicycling.com/racing/2017-tour-de-france-predictions
    simonsen77Brew_TriAaron Webstey
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Jumped in. Pumped.
    Brew_Tri

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    In
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    What's the best way to watch TdF if you've cut your cable (from US)? I've watched a few races via cyclingfans.com but that will get very old after a few days. Should I go with a VPN blocker? Is Tunnelbear still one to try or something else? Or should I suck it up and buy the NBCSports package? Curious what other people are doing.
    mbrekk44
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I think NBC Sports sells a TDF bundle that lets you watch video online and on their app.
    Jennifer Post
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Since this is posted publicly, get the NBCSports package. It's the best coverage option here, allowing you to replay stages and such. Plus, the cycling pass is $40 for the year. If you only want the TDF, getting a month of Fubo, sling, pstv or the like might be an okay option. Or check out the Reddit cycling page: https://www.reddit.com/r/peloton/
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    How is Nairo Quintana not in the "all rounder" category??

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

Since this is posted publicly, get the NBCSports package. It's the best coverage option here, allowing you to replay stages and such. Plus, the cycling pass is $40 for the year. If you only want the TDF, getting a month of Fubo, sling, pstv or the like might be an okay option. Or check out the Reddit cycling page: https://www.reddit.com/r/peloton/

Thanks. I didn't realize the $40 package was for a year of coverage. I thought it was just TdF. I went ahead and purchased. Easiest path. Is it any wonder I just finally cut my cable 6 months ago? heh. If nothing else, it will be fun to hear Paul correct Phil again this year. Last year's coverage was pretty comical with all the corrections and Paul's exasperation on the really long stages. I liked Christian VDV's stage previews too.
  • Options
    If you can live without Phil, or can speak French, the French TV coverage is pretty good. It might help if your computer is in France, or at least looks like it is (VPN).
  • Options
    Evan said:

He's lost more than one grand tour based on his inability to time trial.
    neil5youngEvanMatt
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    4 of top 8 after the TT are Team SKY, what a joke. #marginalgains
    KenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    EvanEvan Member

Evan said:

Minus Froome today (i'll leave my thoughts to myself on that one although i know he's a great time trialist), Quintana was right in the pack with the remaining GC contenders. he's a GC contender for sure regardless and was announced as Movistar's GC guy even before Valverde went down.

• Options
    Evan said:

Evan said:

Minus Froome today (i'll leave my thoughts to myself on that one although i know he's a great time trialist), Quintana was right in the pack with the remaining GC contenders. he's a GC contender for sure regardless and was announced as Movistar's GC guy even before Valverde went down.
    I don't think he can last for 3 weeks. Seems every year he's got nothing in the tank to attack when he needs to.

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    i agree he won't win. i just thought it was odd he wasn't listed as a GCer in the fantasy league. i went with Porte. That was dumb.

• Options
    Probably more to do with fantasy scoring than anything in that regard

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    @Evan , Porte doesn't seem a dumb pick..... I'm sure hoping he does well.
    Evan
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    I also went with Porte. Froome was an obvious pick but with what he cost you'd really have to nail some "cheaper" guys. That's mostly an assumption because I didn't look at scoring at all but assumed picking 4 top 10 guys would outscore a winner.
    Evan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch