frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

NY Times on USADA and Nike Oregon Project

Comments

• Options
    Salazar has always been a "win at all cost" guy. None of this is surprising. Especially Nike's involvement and Alberto's "grooming" of the athletes. They depend on the Oregon project for money, living quarters, food, drink, shoes, clothing, etc. Alberto is their pimp. Plain and simple.
    AlwaysCurious

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    This article feels like the beginning of the end. While unsurprising, all it takes is pullng back the curtain for a peak to begin an onslaught of attention that goes beyond the micro-verse of running.
    MartinAlwaysCurious
    Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete
  • Options
    Cue outrage, while billions cheer for soccer, hockey, football, etc with no complaints...
    AaronWebsteyGasBombMamaCheetahKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Sometimes I think progress is being made against the corruption and cheating, and sometimes I think that when one rat is uncovered there are simply a dozen more in hiding. I guess it depends on how cynical I'm feeling.
    GasBombMamaCheetahKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Machrowicz
  • Options

Sometimes I think progress is being made against the corruption and cheating, and sometimes I think that when one rat is uncovered there are simply a dozen more in hiding. I guess it depends on how cynical I'm feeling.

• Options
    Certainly feels like that @AlwaysCurious . I always want to pull for purity of character to win the day, but it seems we have all too many rats to fill the void.
    I have a Duel in the Sun book signed by Dick Beardsley. Always thought it would be cool to get ASs signature. Ill leave it as is.
    AaronWebsteySdogGasBomb

• Options
    This has got to all come crumbling down eventually, right? I mean how can they have so much sworn testimony and hard evidence of cheating, and AS still go about business as usual. How does Dr. Brown still have a license after Ritz proved he doctored (bad pun) his reports? Is Salazar famous enough to get on Oprah?

Asking for a friend, how large does one have to be to get a TUE for hypothyroidism?
    Sdoget5504

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Take a look at Ryan Hall after he retired and you'll have your answer.
    GasBombAaronWebstey
  • Options
    Page 14:

B. Admitted testosterone use at the end of Salazar’s running career

In his interview with USADA Salazar admitted using testosterone near the end of his competitive career in the mid-1990s. Testosterone was a banned doping substance in the sport of track and field at this time and has been a banned substance in sport continuously since before the start of Salazar’s running career.

Granpa ChookMartin
  • Options
    Sounds like the Lance Armstrong of running.
    Granpa ChookKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    edited May 23
    @wchevron Lance is in there. Alberto emails him in 2011, ten minutes after getting the results of the post L-Carnitine infusion running test that he had his assistant coach (Magness) do as an experiment. Ten minutes! Who responds to emails that fast. What a fucking psycho
    KenElPescadoPeladoM_Ware
  • Options
    Someone commented on the flotrack article "this all seems sketchy/immoral but not illegal so I don't know what the problem is." OMG, this is what the general public thinks.....
    AaronWebsteyGasBombM_WareMartinGranpa ChookKenElPescadoPeladoDawnC
  • Options
    @EmilyCocks , fear not. People like this are placed into the public to balance out the Albert Einsteins of the world. Or as Joe Theismann said, Norman Einstein.
    EmilyCocksAaronWebsteyGasBombM_WareKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    @EmilyCocks They obviously didn't do the reading.
    EmilyCocks

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch