frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Strava Data Question

I am sure someone has brought this up but why does Strava never transfer time/distance data 1:1 from your device. My run last night from my brick shows up a minute longer than it does on Training Peaks and the actual file. I've found this to be the same with my garmin data etc.

Curious if anyone knows why this is. My life goes on since I'm not a slave to Strava by any means but it irks me because I can't entirely figure out if I'm doing something wrong.
Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete

Comments

• Options
    Do you have it on auto stop? If so, it could just be a function of the lags for start/stop.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    Do you have it set to keep the start and end of your activity as private? I've always assumed that's where the difference was, but I could be mistaken.
  • Options
    Strava does like to show "moving time" vs. clock time, regardless of what auto stop feature you may have turned on. For example, I don't use auto stop on my 820 or 920, but an hour ride often shows up as 55 minutes.
    AaronWebstey
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    You know @KenElPescadoPelado - that makes sense. Last night on the treadmill the first machine I was on had the emergency pop twice in a peculiar fashion. I paused the watch and went to a new treadmill and just picked it up instead of starting a new file. Probably has something to do with it.

Thanks.

Now let's change this discussion to Why Does No One Like My Workouts!!!! ha ha ha. I will say this, despite taking the year off of the team since I still don't know if I can race, it is cool to see a lot of the same names out there working hard. I'm digging scrolling through the activity feed. Keep it up.
    HSeeley14MamaCheetahTad_MachrowiczKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyGasBomb
    Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete
  • Options
    Oh yeah if it's an indoor run strava doesn't give you any credit for pausing your garmin. I assume this is so that you don't set PRs that really aren't PRs.
    GentlemanJerseyDave
  • Options
    Strava likes to work on new features and not quite get the old ones working 100%. See Strava forums for details.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebstey
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the Strava dev team is supplied by Shared Services Canada

@IanL will get this but probably nobody else sworry
    IanL
  • Options
    @IanL That pretty much describes every programmer.

If you know a programmer who likes to work on bug fixes for old boring shit, let me know because I want to hire them!
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey oh I get that all too well. The Phoenix got me.
    AaronWebsteyMartin
  • Options
    balsdorf said:

If you know a programmer who likes to work on bug fixes for old boring shit, let me know because I want to hire them!

I actually kinda love doing that
    Martin
  • Options

balsdorf said:

I actually kinda love doing that
    Unfortunately I know what else you like to do at work so that is a deal breaker... Just kidding, I work from home so I certainly can't judge anyone
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    Siri, what's the connection between fathers of twins and their affinity for work-jerking?
    AaronWebsteyTad_MachrowiczbalsdorfMartin
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    @KenElPescadoPelado , the correleation is between the frequency of work-jerking NOT the affinity for it.
    Sincerely,
    Siri

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch