frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Holy Crap!

I apologize in advance as this could be construed as being serious and I know we try to avoid that here, but I don't have anyone to really share this with and am pretty pumped up. My wife tries hard, but I can see her eyes glazing over and rolling into the back of her head when I mention FTP.

A little background...I was sick for two weeks last month and have been sick off and on for the past 6-8 weeks. I've managed to keep my bike miles up, but nothing with any intensity. My coach/buddy and I had a come to Jesus meeting last weekend and I was pretty disheartened as his WKO model said my FTP had dropped into the low 230's from 248, which is down from 267 last October. Needless to say, I was pretty down. I had a visit to the Dr scheduled for today (Rubber Glove) and have been dreading it all day. I usually pace these thing pretty conservatively and have never blown up on a 20 minute test, but something happened on the way home from work and I said "Screw it" and set out with a target of 280 which would put my FTP damn close to where it was at the end of last season. Much to my surprise, I kept up with Tommy Voekler and kept ratcheting up the intensity...Final score, new FTP of 285! Now if I could only get the KG portion of the equation I'd be in a great place!
HSeeley14Brent_RbalsdorfM_WareMartinkjrunninRobert RankinAaronWebsteyGasBombMattItsShugtoebutt769simonsen77KuchTad_MachrowiczCraig DfyrehaarGentlemanJerseyDaveSdogDark_markMamaCheetah

Comments

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch