frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Woodlands Peeps

Unfortunately my wife is likely going to be spending part of her summer in Houston. We don't know the plan quite yet or how long it will be (figuring that all out this week), however in the meantime I am looking around at summer rentals (who the hell summers in Houston?) along with potential activities for the kids (4 & 6) should we end up joining her after they finish up school next week. Hopefully she is only there for a few weeks, but if not we will be joining her for some, if not all, of the summer.

If anyone has suggestions for rentals, activities, etc it's appreciated. Although her treatment will be in Houston, we are not opposed to staying out in the Woodlands where we have some family.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that Rash. I have a couple good friends who do real estate so could probably give you advice / help you find a rental if you want.

As far as activities: Depends on what they enjoy doing. You can get a pool pass for the Woodlands pools if they like to swim but beyond that I'll have to ask some friends who have kids that age.
    M_WareRash
  • Options
    I will be training hard all summer, always open for a good session
    M_WareRash
  • Options
    Thinking good thoughts for your sweet wife.
    AaronWebsteyRashKenElPescadoPeladoDawnC
    Queen of All Pins
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
  • Options
    Houston zoo is good for that age, along with the rest of the activities in Herman park there. It's adjacent to the med center, so you'll be close. Additionally, the children's museum is good, and just to the north of Herman park. The woodlands proper has a lot of parks but there is nothing particularly special for kids that you wouldn't find in any similar suburb around the country. San Antonio is about 3 hrs away and has a few theme parks if you find the ability to get out for a weekend.
    M_WareRash
  • Options

Houston zoo is good for that age, along with the rest of the activities in Herman park there. It's adjacent to the med center, so you'll be close. Additionally, the children's museum is good, and just to the north of Herman park. The woodlands proper has a lot of parks but there is nothing particularly special for kids that you wouldn't find in any similar suburb around the country. San Antonio is about 3 hrs away and has a few theme parks if you find the ability to get out for a weekend.

So if the Alamo has no basement, is Herman Park the place where Pee Wee's bike can actually be found?
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Thanks. Have found a few options near the St. Lukes (Med Center adjacent) along with in the Woodlands for rent. Woodlands is only really on the table because she has family there that she normally stays with on her trips out. It's obviously a haul from St. Lukes, but depending on her treatment schedule I would prefer to not be right in Houston. I love the food there, but man I hate that cluster F city. Woodlands has all the suburb style options for the kids (day camps, etc.) which will keep them busy and entertained while I work and she rests.

We'll see. Hopefully they don't need her for very long, but just trying to see what's out there in case it's another 9 week stint which I am predicting.

@Zach Miller If I end up out there, I'll hit you up for a run sometime. I run with someone here on your level - I just have to match up my hard days with his recovery days and it usually works out.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    I live in right outside the Woodlands and I am there all the time because it's where the girlfriend lives. I'll be training all summer as well. I have a nice bike/run course that's off limits to cars. If you want to know about it PM me. It's getting too blown up and I'm trying to keep it secret.

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch