frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Can someone explain the insanity behind this WTC rule?

Adam_HallAdam_Hall Member
No offense to you ladies, God knows Im not complaining about sports bras on the run course and Im in full support for the least amount of clothes as possible pretty much all the time but I have to ask......Why is it that you can't wear a top unzipped past your chest but you can run in a sports bra?

Im sure there is logic somewhere Im just struggling to find it.

mbrekk44HSeeley14

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    If your sports bra plunges below the sternum, I think it's technically a 'sports entertainment' bra.
    Adam_HallKenElPescadoPeladoMartinTad_MachrowiczRobert RankinMamaCheetahCraig DdoyoueventribroIanL
  • Options
    IanLIanL Member
    It doesn't say sport bra top, it says sport top. Usually you can't have a bare belly button.
  • Options
    Adam_HallAdam_Hall Member
    I was told something Saturday at Gulf Coast 70.3 for having mine unzipped too far (still above my navel) and talked to two other people who said the same thing. I personally know two females who raced in a sports bra top and neither said they were told anything. I know a pro who raced at Santa Rosa and every pic I saw of her on the run she was in a sports bra top.

Is this simply anecdotal?
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    When i was at Texas 70.3, they had officials on the course telling men and women alike to zip up their tops (so weird). Additionally, i believe there's a carve-out for women with sports bras on under the front zip.

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    IanLIanL Member
    It could be the case that people get away with things, but the rule certainly doesn't allow for it.
    Adam_Hall
  • Options
    scottyscotty Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Gonna have to find a new kit. This one was so aero too. Damn.

KenElPescadoPeladokjrunninMartinMamaCheetahGentlemanJerseyDaveCraig Drigpig
    ______

• Options
    Brent_RBrent_R Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
  • Options
    I like to think, for sake of my own sanity, that ITU athletes wear "back zippered" tri suits so that commentators can easily identify their nation/name. It's difficult if guys from the same nation or similar colour suits have have their tops unzipped.

And then the Brownlee's came along.

For long course I don't really have a reason for the front zip limit. Possibly as a way to make triathlon all-inclusive. People, even triathletes, get offended when they see fit people. My favorite part of racing long course is the, "this is how hot that race was" permanent v-neck tan line.
    simonsen77M_WareMamaCheetah
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

If your sports bra plunges below the sternum, I think it's technically a 'sports entertainment' bra.

Gravity is nothing to laugh about !

Tad_MachrowiczM_WareAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoMattIanL

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch