frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Transferring out of Texas, likely missing NY, being an asshole

Looks like I'll be transferring out of Ironman Texas... pretty disappointed since I was hoping to see a bunch of the team there, slap TRS for being fat and missing his runs, and visiting the combination doughnut shop / self serve frozen yogurt store that I love down there. Running just hasn't been and won't be happening for the next few weeks. Only transfer options since I'm also doing Placid are IM CDA or IM Muskoka, and given cost and logistics it looks like Muskoka is going to be the best choice. That fucks my plans for Toughman New York - can't really 'race' a half two weeks after a full. I'm such an asshole for missing basically all Team functions.... I think I have to redeem myself by a) qualifying for Kona and b) going to the Placid training camp at the end of May.
_MurManBasementbiker
Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.

Comments

• Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    to bad on the running, we will miss you at Texas.
  • Options
    The only issue I take with this is that you will be missing doughnuts and frozen yogurt.
    DHansenTriBasementbiker
    HMKP
  • Options
    You could just spectate like I'm me. Screw that racing stuff, I'm going for the doughnuts and frozen yogurt that I just learned about. What is that place called?
    Nathan Kiser
    Just FYI, you... are also less than mediocre. -TheActualPaulo
  • Options
    Just tried looking on Google maps but not sure I can find the right place. It might be this: https://goo.gl/maps/6o3z8 I had never seen somewhere that combined self-serve frozen yogurt plus had doughnuts. Was probably one of the greatest places I've ever been in my life.
    Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.
  • Options
    I will do my best to pour out some self serve in your honor.
    HMkrplunkitDHansenTri
    Nathan Kiser
  • Options
    @nathankiser you'll be at I'm texas?!?!?! The contingent is growing!
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options
    I will be drinking, not racing.
    _MurManGeorge Kruse
    Nathan Kiser
  • Options
    BoboBobo Member
    I had to punch-out of TX too, transfered to CdA. Less fun, more pain. Yay for me.
    "I'm just like everybody else, except Bigger & Bolder & Better in every way"
    West.  Rhymes with "Best"
  • Options
    I'm going to do my best to still come down and spectate at Texas. I may be able to coordinate a trip to San Antonio either just before or just following that weekend. Fingers are crossed.

@Bobo I saw your previous post. I'd love to do CdA instead but it's a lot more $$, and with no guarantee the wife will be racing I don't want to commit.
  • Options
    Is anybody left racing with me at Texas? I might have to hold down the race course now by myself.
  • Options
    @DHansen1877, I will have just moved to San Antonio that week prior so look me up.
    Nathan Kiser
  • Options
    I do a fair bit of business in Houston. If we get a good spectator contingent for IMTX in May I can probably justify a "necessary" work trip that Thurs/Fri and just sit tight for the weekend.
  • Options
    Not sure when everybody is coming to imtx but if enough people are here I want to do a cook out/dinner at my place probably Thursday night
  • Options
    I too will be there and day drinking while yelling at men and women in spandex :)

@nathankiser
  • Options
    Awww shit....looks like I need to start looking for a place to crash so that this can happen for sure.
    Nathan Kiser
  • Options
    DHansenTriDHansenTri Member
    edited March 2015
    Cool shit! Will do @nathankiser!

Also I have a reservation at the Marriott Towneplace Suites if anyone wants it and/or wants to crash there if I still make it down. I haven't canceled it yet and am pretty sure they are going to keep all of the points I used to book the property regardless. Yes, I used points, so this ultimately doesn't cost me dick.
  • Options
    Well damn. I am doing the Real Ale ride near Austin that weekend. I would've loved being there to yell at folks, oh sorry, by yell I mean "support".
  • Options
    Everyone be prepared for another drunken spell by yours truly on twitter that weekend. sorry in advance for all of the unfunny things I will say and blurry photos of random people suffering in the heat.
    AaronWebsteyebe4zippy
  • Options
    @zachboring, so here's the plan. 1. make a fake id with @DHansen1877's information 2. Check into his hotel room. 3. order everything off the room service menu and raid the mini bar (because it is the Woodlands and those rich folks have to have mini fridges in the hotels) a la "The League" Von Nowzick Wedding 4. Get hammer 5. You can start on your twitter rampage 6. And that's the end of the plan...was there a reason to be going to Houston that weekend?
    DHansenTri
    Nathan Kiser
  • Options
    Mainly to drink heavily.
    nathankiser
  • Options
    Hahha. No need for fake ID @nathankiser. I'll just add you to the reservation. Also you may not know Towneplace Suites, but it's basically the bottom of the barrel in terms of Marriott hotel chains. Their breakfast typically isn't even marginal and the coffee tastes like a massive ripe turd is floating around in it while it's brewing.

BUT, it has a kitchen, a couch, should be plenty of room. Basically a mini apartment.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    @DHansen1877 I sure could have used that little piece of advice on the Towneplace Suites. Just booked a weekend for my wife and kids at one during spring break while I stayed home and worked. I am sure I will be father of the year once again...I lost Husband of the year on January 2nd...so no worries on that one!

Always looking for a beer hand up
  • Options
    @ebe4zippy don't listen to me bro. I'm sure it'll work fine for your fam. I stay there plenty, actually. I like the apartment feel. I'm just picky on food and feel some of the other Marriotts have some better offerings. Jen and I routinely shit up the Marriotts when traveling - bring bike trainers, sweat all over the god damn floors, chain grease all over and shit... The TownePlace is great for that. Lots of room, way better than the full service hotels.
    ebe4zippyAaronWebstey

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch