frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Boston Marathon

ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
So how are we (Americans) supposed to feel about Galen and Jordan?
Are we rooting for them? I mean, they are almost assuredly....um......asthmatic, right?
MamaCheetah

Comments

• Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I'm at the point of just cheering them on. I just assume everyone at the pointy end of any race is at a minimum bending the rules. It's basically cheaters racing cheaters. I feel horrible for the few clean athletes that can score a top 10. The system is broken.
    ellsworth53tM_WareAaronWebsteyMamaCheetahTad_Machrowicz

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    i'm only cheering for @Robert Rankin
    GasBombkjrunninDark_markM_WareMartinAaronWebsteysimonsen77DawnCMamaCheetahTad_MachrowiczCraig DRobert Rankin

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    @Evan Damn, I forgot about @Robert Rankin Thanks for reminding me of the important event today.
    Robert, we are all cheering for you, buddy.
    GasBombMattM_WareAaronWebsteyMamaCheetahTad_MachrowiczRobert Rankin
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    At the half, he was on track for sub-3. Go @Robert Rankin !
    neil5youngMattM_WareAaronWebsteyMamaCheetahfyrehaarTad_MachrowiczRobert Rankin

• Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Evan said:

i'm only cheering for @Robert Rankin

Looks like a 3:05:16 for our Cedar Point champ!
    kjrunninMattM_WareMartinAaronWebsteyEvanDawnCmbrekk44MamaCheetahfyrehaarTad_MachrowiczRobert Rankin

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    neil5youngneil5young Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Way to crush, @Robert Rankin !

ellsworth53tkjrunninMattM_WareMartinAaronWebsteyDawnCKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombStruangMamaCheetahfyrehaarTad_MachrowiczCraig DRobert Rankin

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Way to go Rankin!!
    GasBombM_WareMamaCheetahTad_MachrowiczRobert Rankin
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    Coolest thing about the race wasn't @Robert Rankin (#sworry) or Katherine Switzer's 50-year anniversary. It was the spectator crossing!

KenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyTad_MachrowiczbalsdorfGasBombMamaCheetahEvanIanLfyrehaarRobert Rankin
  • Options
    @Matt I still think @Robert Rankin was the coolest, but that crossing is pretty ingenious. I wonder how many people hit that white string; I'd replace it with some orange tape. Hopefully all marathons adopt this.
    KenElPescadoPeladoRobert Rankin
  • Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Next race I spectate, I want a bleacher seat and a 12 pack to watch the spectator crossing. The grandstand wagering could be tremendous!
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyGasBomb

• Options
    That is brilliant. Last race I was at the crossing guard volunteer thought that all the runners were Usain bolt and all the spectators where 80 year old invalids. If there was a runner within 200 meters they wouldn't let us across.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Matt said:

Coolest thing about the race wasn't @Robert Rankin (#sworry) or Katherine Switzer's 50-year anniversary. It was the spectator crossing!

Hard to run the tangents with this set up ! Spectators need to stay put !
    Mattsimonsen77AaronWebstey
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    True enough, but where's the Boston ® Blue™ line?
  • Options

Couple things: 1) it's a straight bit of road, so not that big of a deal. 2) even for Boston qualifiers, running tangents isn't that important unless you're in the lead group. These aren't race cars and Boston doesn't have hundreds of turns.
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Just getting settled back at home and seeing this. Thanks guys and gals. Was a lot of fun. Never been happier to finish 2000+. Gave up on my shot at sub 3 at painful long downhill at mile 15. I passed the crossings and had no freaking clue what was going on. Pretty comical. They only had them closer to Boston. Could use them early where the real drunk spectators are. I nearly got taken out by a guy running across the course with a stroller at mile 3. Funniest part of the race was passing a packed biker bar blaring Nickleback.
    AaronWebsteyneil5youngM_WareEvanGasBombKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninCraig D

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Also the suburbs of Boston smell like warm Old Milwaukee and weed.
    AaronWebsteysimonsen77neil5youngKenElPescadoPelado

• Options

Matt said:

There's 3 turns on the entire course and 2 are in the last mile. Tangets would have been impossible just with the number of people on the road. The seeding process works pretty well and for the first several miles thousands of people are runnning the same pace. I inadvertently finished right next to someone I started with.

AaronWebsteyGasBombM_Warekjrunnin

• Options
    edited April 20
    To the original question, I want to believe Jordan is legit. She won a local race here in March and I'd like to think somebody as nice as her hasn't bought into Salazar's doping plan. I think Rupp is definitely doping but might as well root for him until it's official, a la Lance.
    GasBombM_WareAaronWebsteyTad_Machrowicz

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch