frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Barkley marathons....

2»

Comments

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    This is pretty awesome, saw it linked from @Kelly O'Mara 's If We Were Riding newsletter - the BM 2016 participants' before-and-after photo gallery.

https://gsbphotography.photoshelter.com/gallery/Out-There-at-the-Barkley-Marathons/G0000lk3hbyXjz4E

Some of them looked pretty weathered before they ever started, but others... you can really tell they got fucked up out there.
    fyrehaarM_Waresimonsen77Aaron WebsteyMartin
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
    edited March 2018
    This is the EMJ guy that finished last year after 3 loops in 2015. Really not certain if he started lap 4 that year but gives you an idea of how tough it is at only 60% finished. Fun reading social media of everyone saying they’d like to try it. 100 miles is hard, there it looks impossible. Nevermind the fact I couldn’t find my way out of a wet paper bag with a compass in hand.

EDITED to add: found his blog and he didn’t start the 4th lap that year.

KenElPescadoPeladoMattAaron Webstey

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    One thing about those pictures that I really like, is how many of the runner with modest goals achieved them. The people who were all "I'mma probably do one loop." and they do it. I love realistic expectations.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron Websteyrangamel
  • Options
    HoltyHolty Member
    Awesome to see this thread on here. I've been following the race the last couple years. There is a new documentary out this year following Gary in 2016 and 2017. It is really good!

I bought the documentary, but looks like it is coming to YouTube in May. https://wheredreamsgotodie.com/
    M_WareRobert RankinTad_MCraig_DGasBombAaron Webstey
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

That and the weather yesterday sounded terrible.

I think it's down to one who is not officially tapped out after lap 3 this year, and there is almost no chance of him making lap 4. (Would require almost a record time.) Brutal.
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Martin said:

I think it's down to one who is not officially tapped out after lap 3 this year, and there is almost no chance of him making lap 4. (Would require almost a record time.) Brutal.
    And it's over. Laz wins.
    Aaron WebsteyMattTad_MCraig_D
  • Options
    Martin said:

Martin said:

And it's over. Laz wins.
    Yeah it was funny, in a sadistic way, to see people there saying this could be the year 3+ people finish on day 1 when it was 70+ and sunny. Then night happened and they started dropping like flies
    Craig_D

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch