frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Broken bones and broken bike

So my tri season is getting delayed. Broken wrist, broken elbow, road rash, etc. beer me!
Polletta ~ TRS West

Comments

• Options
    Polletta ~ TRS West
  • Options
    Polletta ~ TRS West
  • Options
    Shit, man! What happened? You okay?! Where do we send the care packages?
    AaronWebsteyJason41
  • Options
    Duuuuuuuuuuude. !beer @Jason41

What the hell happened? And yeah, what can I pay forward?
    AaronWebsteyJason41
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    SystemAdminSystemAdmin Administrator
    /me slides @Jason41 a beer.
    Jason41
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Cock samwich that sounds painful! Car?
    Jason41
  • Options
    So was getting down in to my aero bars and a car decided to park in the bike lane. So looked up to a stopped car and braced for impact. I mean I should've seen him but he had to have passed me and seen me before he parked in the bike lane. I took out his driver side mirror and some other damage. Which he's now trying to get me to pay for. Solid Thursday!
    Polletta ~ TRS West
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    If that fucking fucker ends up making you pay for his mirror after parking in the bike lane, I give up on society. Taking my wife and kids and getting the fuck out to a shack or igloo somewhere.
    DuckiesRyan Heislerolson_aBasementbikerJason41Mark_after_Darkoldmanchad
  • Options
    @Jason41 absofuckinglutely not. Get your car insurance involved stat. Also, get a police report filed NOW. Bike lane parking is a no-fault crash zone in most states.
    AaronWebsteyDHansenTriBasementbikerJason41oldmanchad
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    We'll see how it shakes out. But I was shocked to get that email this morning. Thank god for pain pills. And beer.
    AaronWebstey
    Polletta ~ TRS West
  • Options
    Thanks @rrheisler. Thats good info.
    AaronWebstey
    Polletta ~ TRS West
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Careful mixing booze and pills. Knew a guy who experienced uncontrollable diarrhea while he was getting down with hi girlfriend in a sleeping bag because he rolled his eyes when the pharmacist told him "don't drink on this medication".
    AaronWebsteyRyan HeislerHSeeley14TheoDHansenTriJason41oldmanchad

• Options
    That sounds like something @KMRyanTri would be interested in, @james_lange.
    Ryan HeislerHSeeley14yournotuniqueKMRyanTriJason41oldmanchad
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Wow, hope you heal fast bud
    AaronWebsteyHSeeley14Jason41
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Shoot man that blows.
    Jason41
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    Unlike button? Hope it's a quick recovery. People who do stuff like that and point blame are special kind of stupid.
    HSeeley14Jason41Basementbiker
  • Options
    @Jason41 That really sucks! I hope everything works out in your favour...there was a guy in my hometown that recently ran into a car with his bike and ended up having to pay $6200...
    Jason41

Kelly Lentz
    TRS Canada Chapter
    Please direct all complaints to James Lange

• Options
    @Jason41 Sorry to hear this. Hope you heal up quickly!
    Jason41
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Just really came hear to bitch! The good news is this cleared all WTC races from my calendar this year!
    DuckiesJulia Chevlin
    Polletta ~ TRS West
  • Options
    I was extremely concerned then realized you race on TRS West.... totally kidding man. That wicked sucks. Keep us posted with the healing, which I hope is fast.
    _MurManRyan HeislermorganstyerJason41TheoHSeeley14
    Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.
  • Options
    I once had a guy try to run me off the road insisting that I was blocking traffic. I was on this stretch of road for 1/4 mile and hammer it all the time and typically get up to about 25-30. The speed limit is 35. Guy followed me after I turned off the road to let me know his disdain for cyclist and how they don't pay taxes for the roads.

The ignorance of some is astounding.

Hope this passes quick and doesn't affect you financially too much. This is why I hate riding in city limits. Not as worried about my handling but for my one there are 10 other vehicles out there not paying attention or giving a crap
    Jason41AaronWebstey
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options
    Haven't been around and hate coming back to see this - hope it's a quick recovery my man.
    Jason41
    Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete
  • Options
    @zachboring Any of the following on that car?

Jason41AaronWebsteyGentlemanJerseyDaveyournotuniqueTheoHSeeley14oldmanchad
  • Options
    @Scheck48 strangely it had all of those. probably just a coincidence.
    Jason41Ryan HeislerScheck48_MurManBasementbikerAaronWebsteyGentlemanJerseyDaveJulia ChevlinyournotuniqueTheooldmanchad
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options
    sorry to hear - guess it's too soon for an update. I'll keep an eye here to see how you're healing up. completely bogus
    AaronWebsteyJason41
    Aspiring Team TRS (2016?) Currently East (but West via Mentality & History)
  • Options
    Wow man! i hope you heal up quick! sending you some good vibes
    Jason41AaronWebsteyHSeeley14
    village idiot
  • Options
    Confirmed. Ding dong the shiv is dead. This isn't a cry for help, I'm good. Just sad the bike died.
    Polletta ~ TRS West
  • Options
    @Jason41 his car insurance should cover.
    Jason41
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    @rrheisler you are right. Putting together everything for the claim. Thanks again for your help.
    Ryan HeislerScheck48Basementbiker
    Polletta ~ TRS West
  • Options
    Anytime. Glad to help out.
    TheoJason41Scheck48
    Resident Gear Guru

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch