frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Cheaters gonna cheat.

Brent_RBrent_R Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
http://triathlonmagazine.ca/news/banned-age-group-triathlete-now-competing-maiden-name-ultra-running/

Featuring TRS's favourite San Francisco based tri coach.

I saw this in FB and some comments said the race was unsanctioned so no big deal. If that's true, why use your maiden name.
GasBombRobert RankinMamaCheetahTad_MachrowiczJames Lange

Comments

• Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    All proven dopers should get lifetime bans from any awards. That said if they want to enter a race knowing they won't "win" anything, let them. They cheat to win. Take away winning anything, and I bet most wouldn't race anymore. I'd imagine she signed up under her maiden name hoping no one would notice her.
    MamaCheetah

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    edited March 6
    Cyclist still the best cheaters. link

jimmymstevenson
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    i was watching Romain Bardet live yesterday and Keenan's response on the commentary was amazing. "they're going to place grease on the chain, no doubt"

also, that Holly B chick sounds insane. i bet she is truly awful at a dinner party.
    Rash

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Quick, someone put an "allegedly" in somewhere /anywhere before they shut this shit down !
    M_WareEvanCraig DKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombAaronWebsteyTad_Machrowiczmaggieru
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    that holly b. lady sounds *allegedly* insane.
    MamaCheetah

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Ok, so Bardet is now just a diagnosis of bilharzia and a couple years away from winning grand tours
    DawnCGranpa ChookMartin
  • Options
    @idking90 Seriously these front-of-the-pack athletes are extremely weak and very ill, they need help!
  • Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    IanL said:
    Wow, quite a dilemma for the race directors.
    By the way @PreachSwanson , for this month's team activity challenge: I rode to the moon and back yesterday. My Garmin failed by the way. Credit please.
    M_WareAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninGasBombMamaCheetah

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    What a piece of work. Share a 10-hour Ultra and drop them to win by 52 seconds?
    AaronWebsteyMartinkjrunninEvanGasBomb
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Matt said:

Wonder how she would fare in an event like The Barkley Marathons? That would be interesting. No way to cheat having all the pages from the books and if you make it that far you run the last loop alone.

AaronWebsteyGasBombCraig D
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
  • Options
    Can't be cheating if you don't know how to read.

simonsen77GasBombmaggieru
  • Options
    Is this just about Julie Miller/Holly Balogh or can we call out other cheaters? I know a guy personally that I raced with on Zwift last night. He adjusted his weight to 50kg. The dude weighs north of 200lbs or 90kg. The best part: it was a flat course so w/kg didn't have as much of an effect. He finished last in Cat C yet his w/kg were so high he got DQ'd and upgraded to cat B.
    EvanGasBombAaronWebsteyCraig D
  • Options
    @doyoueventribro Hey man, I was just trying to get into @James Lange 's head. Also, I got a TUE for helium balloons for when I was weighing in, on account of a faulty motivator.
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoStruangCraig D
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    Matt said:

The subject is apparently litigious, so I will cast no aspersions, but...

Legit ways to pull this off:
    1. Fake the need for a nature break, then sprint ahead when the other person found a tree to pause behind. I expect this works better for people who need to crouch for a nature break.
    2. Casually mention the person's laces are untied, then sprint ahead.
    3. À la 1990s pro cycling, offer $ for the victory.
    AaronWebsteyGasBomb
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete
    people are f-ed up. Who gives a shit about how you do on Zwift? Who really pays attention to these ultras? Just go run on the freaking trails by yourself and stay off the start line if you are someone who likes to cheat. It is all about ego--doping, cutting courses, etc. These people need to seek counseling and get to the bottom of their fucked up-ness.

And, no judgment on counseling--most of us probably need it. We are all screwed up in some way.
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyGranpa ChookEvanfyrehaarmbrekk44idking90maggieru
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member

Just go run on the freaking trails by yourself and stay off the start line if you are someone who likes to cheat.

My guess is the people who like to cheat are also the type who can't keep themselves off the start line.
    EmilyCocks
  • Options
    My guess is the people who like to cheat are also the type who can't keep themselves off the start line.

yeah, I know. I was trying to be less cynical. It is all ego...it always comes back to that.

AaronWebsteyfyrehaarM_Waremaggieru
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    It is very hard to imagine that mindset though. Like, I wonder if they just can't help themselves in the moment, and then they feel bad about it later (even while going to great lengths to deny cheating)? Or if they're proud of the fact that they were smart enough to get away with it, and only feel bad about getting caught.
  • Options
    Whatever the motivation, these gals have giant brass ones.

Has letsrun.com hunted down Julie Miller's GPS files yet?
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member
    edited March 9

yeah, I know. I was trying to be less cynical. It is all ego...it always comes back to that.

I'm so fucking amazing I don't even feel the need to race. Racing is for the bitches who need to feel better about themselves by beating another. My therapist says I've elevated above that plane. I think he said that. I don't listen to him.

MartinGasBombCraig DTad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteyDark_markJohns622
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Just had to share this tweet. I love this stuff.
    AaronWebsteykjrunninmbrekk44Tad_Machrowiczidking90balsdorfmaggieruCraig DGranpa Chookfyrehaaryournotunique
  • Options
    Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Bringing this thread back from the dead #sworry. This came across my twitter feed tonight:
    https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2017/08/triathlete-caught-act-cheating-chula-vista.html

Good lord what has this world come to? I started reading some of the other investigations this guy has done. Might be a good one for @TRS_tri to interview. The stories he has...
    AaronWebsteyM_Waresimonsen77
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    I just don't understand...why do people care enough to go to all this trouble to get a finish time? The fact that there is a website called marathon investigation boggles my mind--and they have enough stuff to write about ALL THE TIME. Crazy.
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoCraig D
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I hope these two cheaters never procreate. Just imagine the sociopaths they'd raise.
    KenElPescadoPeladoM_WareCraig DTad_MachrowiczPevashishDaul
  • Options
    First, whoever set this run course should be burned:

Second, who cares. The guy was not trying to podium or anything, and based on an alleged comment he made (here, commenting as Na) he really was more oblivious than malicious. It's not like he went into a portapotty and came out without his anklet and bib number only to have his wife go in afterwards. They were in the open, not trying to hide at all. Maybe bad judgment, and athlete's responsibility to know the rules, etc, but this is one of MI's weaker efforts...
    AaronWebsteyTad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I was bored at work last night for a while. Apparently there's a running club that will specifically avoid paying race fees by photocopying legit race numbers. Totally ridiculous
    Struangfyrehaar
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    May those assholes never run PBs again.
  • Options
    Craig D said:

Good lord what has this world come to? I started reading some of the other investigations this guy has done. Might be a good one for @TRS_tri to interview. The stories he has...

Marathon investigation is a great way to burn up a lunch break, or whole afternoon at work. Check out the Disney big thief and disney cheaters. Entertaining and disgusting at the same time.
    M_WareJennifer PostItsShugAaronWebsteyCraig Dfyrehaar
  • Options
    ShepherdShepherd Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I did this race, Chula Vista, and it's insane to me that someone would cheat this thing like that. I did the Oly/International distance and it's just a fun little race. Pretty small race and nothing flashy to draw you in, but you have to throw some money to these local races to keep the sport going. Totally happy to do that and while it is far from the most scenic course, I love the fact that they have this race and can keep it going.

You have to be out of your damn mind to do what they did. Just suck that shit up, take the DNF and go grab a couple of brews and/or margaritas in the beer garden. Losers.
    fyrehaarJennifer PostKenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch