frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Anyone have a drone

wchevronwchevron Member
Was thinking of getting one. Found one for $200 used. Takes 1080hd video. Fly's up to a mile away. Thought it would be a cool toy but not sure how much I'd really use it. Thought it might be cool to take some videos when the family is out sailing in the summer.

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Translation: attractive neighbours just got a pool, hoping they like to skinny dip.

I'm so helpful
    simonsen77idking90MattkjrunninGasBombmbrekk44MamaCheetahCraig DKenElPescadoPeladoGrantInSLCKPSwim13et5504Robert Rankinyournotunique
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    My mom got my dad one for Christmas.
    My brother and I have already started saving up for his bail money when he inevitably ends up getting himself arrested
    M_WarekjrunninAaronWebsteyTad_MachrowiczMamaCheetahCraig DGrantInSLCRobert Rankin
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    We've got this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LANE77M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It is really easy to use. You fly it with your smart phone.

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    edited January 5
    I'm thinking of getting one as a trusty training partner. I found this to be a useful product review !!

"Watching John with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The terminator, would never stop. It would never leave him, and it would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him, or say it was too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there. And it would die, to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers who came and went over the years, this thing, this machine, was the only one who measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice."
    wchevronKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombmbrekk44
  • Options
    _Black_Fred_Black_Fred Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I've got a DJI Phantom 4, I do real estate photography and video as a side gig so I use mine all the time. Very cool perspective for both stills and video. Mine has a follow me feature that I've played with on short mountain bike trail rides, flight time is only 30 minutes so useless on longer rides. I've also used it for quick backcountry ski trips, having it follow you down a mountain is pretty sweet.

You'll use it more than you think, they're very fun.
    M_WareAaronWebsteysimonsen77MamaCheetahGasBombKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninyournotunique

• Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I have a few in my office. *ba dum tsss*
    MattM_WareGasBombTad_MachrowiczKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteykjrunnin
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph | Follow yournotunique

• Options
    Drone just showed up. Tried it out this evening. In 10 seconds, I had already crashed it into the garage, then a tree, them my neighbors house. I guess I should read the directions.
    M_WareCraig DAaronWebsteyTad_Machrowiczkjrunnin
  • Options
    my brother in law just texted me "I just bought a DJI Mavic. Don't tell my wife. Or your wife". Gonna be fun
    M_WareCraig DScott ShellAaronWebsteyTad_MachrowiczKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Drone update:
    The drone experience is on indefinite hold for now.
    A couple of tips for those looking to try a drone
    1. Buy a cheap one, you will eventually crash into something
    2. Don't fly near trees. I've come to realize my tree filled neighborhood isn't the best place to learn to fly
    3. Don't let you 12 yr old practice flying where you can't retrieve the drone if it goes over a fence.

If anyone would like a free drone, it can be found buried in 2' of snow, somewhere in the Patriots outdoor practice field. You must be able to scale 2 fences, avoid the security cameras and random security patrols.

Thought it would be fun to take my daughter to the stadium and fly over the stadium to get a birds eye view. Let her practice in the parking lot to get used to flying it. All of a sudden, it takes off over the fence, into the practice facility, disappears and crashes into the snow.
    mbrekk44kjrunninBrent_RAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoOverBiker_SamCraig DyournotuniqueTad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    They'll blame you for the next Spygate.
    wchevron

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch