frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Friday Boozing Open Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited December 2017
    Welp Im just throwing this thread to the top. Got a job offer for a 1.6x my salary so I will no longer be a brewery engineer but a brewery designer. So fuck me. Im about to ruin lives but build my own.
    wchevronAaronWebsteyCraig_DM_Waresimonsen77kjrunninKHilgendorfTad_MJohns622Jennifer Postmbrekk44KenElPescadoPeladoellsworth53tMark_after_DarkBrent_R
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @kjrunnin I saw this and wondered if it was your handy work??

M_WarewchevronJohns622PreachSwansonTad_MAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninBrent_R
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM
    Who knows how this bear became famous?

AaronWebstey
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Struang I hadn't heard of him before, but that's a pretty cool story now that I've looked it up. Guess he was one well-travelled corporal.

On a related note, I learned while serving in Korea that all the ROK military working dogs are given the rank of staff sergeant. This is supposedly so that their conscripts, who top out at sergeant, can always be charged with striking a superior if they abuse the dogs.
    M_WareStruangCraig_DTad_Mmaggieru
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Hey boozers, I’m going to need your assistance. Dave’s work Christmas party is tonight. Please start planning now for lots of witty repartee on this thread to keep us amused. I’m on calorie restriction at the moment, and Dave doesn’t drink, so we’ll have no cocktails to get us through the evening. Plan now, 6:30-10::00 central time tonight. <3 Ho-Ho-Ho
    KenElPescadoPeladoCraig_D
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Not even there yet and already reconsidering the no booze thing. Might be safer for everyone if I go ahead with boozing and do extra swim/trainer time this weekend.
    AaronWebsteyJohns622kjrunnin
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    @M_Ware , for you and Dave. From the web:
    It's odd that Americans have to buy Christmas trees. In Canada we just decorate one of the pines growing in the living room.
    - Kelkulus ‏@kelkulus
    M_WareAaronWebsteyCraig_DMartinKenElPescadoPelado
    visit Michigan Aug. 1-4 - The Sworry Trials
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Sworry-Trials-2194532304133322/
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    @M_Ware , two more:

On Christmas Eve I like to put a red ribbon around my neighbor's car, just to mess with him.
    - Andy Borowitz @BorowitzReport

I wrap presents with 70% love, 20% paper, and 10% scotch tape and extra paper because I used too little paper at first. And 9% vodka.
    - prontopup ‏@prontopup
    M_WareAaronWebsteyItsShugCraig_DKenElPescadoPelado
    visit Michigan Aug. 1-4 - The Sworry Trials
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Sworry-Trials-2194532304133322/
  • Options
    I caved and am having a spicy Bloody Mary. Meat allergy makes it easy to avoid hor dourves. yay.
    AaronWebsteyTad_MKenElPescadoPelado
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Now I'm drinking some red wine.
    Earlier tonight, I was ready to ride the trainer; 2nd floor apartment, I had the window all the way open and it's about 25 degrees (something below 0 Celsius). I was sitting by the window, firing up trainerroad on my phone.
    The landlord came home, and I heard her say to her husband, "hey, hey look! They've got their window all the way open! What are they doing!?".
    She obviously didn't know I was there or what I was about to do. She sounded like the neighbor on Bewitched when she yelled to her husband.
    It's a funnier story if I could tell it to y'all in a bar.
    M_WareAaronWebsteyTad_MBrew_TriKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Unibrow brewery is brewing up some Belgians for Trader Joe’s. If it’s half as good as la fun du monde, it’ll be worth every bit of the $6 price.
    M_WareAaronWebsteyTad_MKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options

Unibrow brewery is brewing up some Belgians for Trader Joe’s. If it’s half as good as la fun du monde, it’ll be worth every bit of the $6 price.

I thought a lot of those beers were regional releases. Are these going to be international? I know they brewed a few at Octopi in Wisconsin and those didnt make it far outside of the midwest, definitely not outside the US. They are bigger tho. Might make it further. Will have to investigate
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @College_Tri I dunno. But you’re in Chicago, so I’m sure you can get the two I found at my local TJ’s. Says they’re brewed in NY, so def not just regional. But I don’t know how far across the nation these will make it.
    Brew_Tri
  • Options
    Who starts baking sausage balls and ranch pretzels at 10:30 pm? Crazy people like me. #shouldbeboozing
    Brew_TriTad_MAaronWebsteymaggieruKenElPescadoPelado
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    (Saturday) Boozing open call: I have a few of you on my short list thanks to internet stalking and also @ItsShug abusing his Secret Santa ringleader powers by sharing personal information but if anyone wants homemade dog treat goodness shipped to you, please let me know.

Maybe more relevant in "Let's See Your Critters" but these treats are being made with a hearty combo of both love and wine so... shoot me a message!
    M_WarekjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyItsShug
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    Cheers!!!

M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyTad_MBrent_RBrew_Trisimonsen77Martin
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Craig_DAaronWebsteyTad_M
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    maggieru said:

(Saturday) Boozing open call: I have a few of you on my short list thanks to internet stalking and also @ItsShug abusing his Secret Santa ringleader powers by sharing personal information but if anyone wants homemade dog treat goodness shipped to you, please let me know.

Maybe more relevant in "Let's See Your Critters" but these treats are being made with a hearty combo of both love and wine so... shoot me a message!

I would never...

.. ok maybe a little. But it's all for the greater good
    Craig_DM_WarekjrunninAaronWebstey
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Merry Christmas Boozers....the boozing has started early this Friday. Rum cake is in the oven right now. Hot spiced wine can't be far behind. I have today off but Dave has to work. Day drinking might be happening sooner rather than later. On second thought I need to put in some trainer time. WTF weather says this...no joke, so not going to the pool today. Paging @James Lange

KenElPescadoPeladoRashwchevronTad_MCraig_DMattBrew_TriStruangAaronWebstey
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    Just call me cake goddess.

KenElPescadoPeladoRashwchevronTad_MItsShugkjrunninCraig_DBrew_TriAaronWebsteyBrent_RMartin
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    If we were (apologies to @Kelly O'Mara) having a TriRoost Christmas party, what would you be bringing for treats, (bonus points for replies with recipes)?

I'm guessing @ItsShug would bring some amazing mustard sauce and something from the smoker, @Tad_Machrowicz would be there with doughnuts, @kjrunnin would arrive with a nice bottle wine and some delectable vegan concoction, @ellsworth53t 's wife would also be whipping up some vegan awesomeness, @idking90 and @College_Tri would be there with beer and chips, @HSeeley14 and @_MurMan would bring something fancy, (Sean, possibly some Redskins' leftovers), @Matt, @Martin, and @Craig D would all bring poutine (right?), and by the same token @simonsen77 would bring something peach, @Jennifer Post would bring a PNW specialty like salmon dip, @wchevron would bring leftovers from whatever holiday soiree he's currently hiding from in his basement.

Everyone chime in with your favorite holiday treat! @Johns622 what's your favorite? @FastCat1107 would you bring BBQ or Moravian ginger cookies? Would @maggieru bring beignets or maybe something from a trendy Boulder bakery? Do @balsdorf and @KHilgendorf cook or would they bring astounding libations? Did @BW_Tri pack some wassail to bring along?

No I'm not boozing, yes I have been baking treats for the neighbors all day while listening to podcasts.
    Kelly O'MaraAaronWebsteyellsworth53tTad_Mmaggieru
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    No poutine. However Nanaimo bars are like crack cocaine this time of year. Mocha and Kahlua are fantastic. My wife won't put them out until the last minute and then I get the "look". I'd crawl a mile on broken glass just to lick the crumbs off the plate.
    M_WareAaronWebsteyBrew_TriBrent_RTad_MMatt
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    I'd mail you guys (I don't get out much) a box of Dewar's chews from the beautiful town of Bakersfield!

M_WareAaronWebsteyBrew_TriTad_M
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    I'd bring homemade chocolate chip cookies or eclairs. I hate cooking but enjoy baking.

Just finishing installing a mini fridge in the basement for myself when I'm hiding from the teenagers.

M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyCraig_DTad_M
  • Options
    Nailed it...watch for my ss gift. It should be a good indicator of what I have a lot of.
    M_WareCraig_DTad_MAaronWebstey
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    I will bring the the "special" cookies and my walker. Maybe I could get my mom to make some spinach balls
    M_WareCraig_Dellsworth53tTad_Msimonsen77
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    How do you m.ake
    Spinach balls. Sounds good.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    My holiday specialities are Danish rice pudding and apple pie.

*looks back fondly on race weight*
    M_WareCraig_DTad_MAaronWebstey

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch