frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Rev 3 Maine, now IM 70.3 Maine

Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
edited November 2016 in Main
IM 70.3 Maine announced. Same date and location that Rev3 has on their website

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though

Comments

• Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Maybe a licensing/production arrangement? Similar to how Miami and some of the South American 70.3s are?
  • Options
    Possibly. I didn't think the two would work together but there is a quote from Charlie on the IM website

• Options
    Nah. I actually remember having a conversation with somebody...can't remember if it was Jay or somebody else, at Rush the first year, which was after Rev3 had pulled its pro series. They said they actually sat down with WTC and had discussions about where in the market they saw each other.
    But based on the past few years, it really seems like Rev3 is mostly giving up on anything approaching direct competition.
  • Options
    WTC must not have wanted it at that time? Don't know why they'd align with challenge if WTC was an option then. Financially probably a great move for them. Glad to see they're still involved

• Options
    Raced Maine this year and thought it was really well run and had a decent turnout.

Bummed this is going to IM with a price increase to follow.
    Tad_M
  • Options
    Rev 3 also "gave up" the Cedar Point race for 2017 so maybe "Ironman Cedar Point" will be in the future....
  • Options
    Elaine KElaine K Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Will there still be post-race lobster???
    KenElPescadoPelado
    Tucson, AZ
  • Options

Rev 3 also "gave up" the Cedar Point race for 2017 so maybe "Ironman Cedar Point" will be in the future....

I don't think that's how it went. They said the park no longer wanted to continue working with them. Having the USAT long course national championship planned there already for next year, I tend to think they're being honest.

I really enjoyed CP, but don't see IM even bothering putting on a race there.
    KenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Elaine K said:

Lobster-flavoured Pollock.
    idking90AaronWebsteyM_Ware
  • Options
    Martin said:

Elaine K said:

Lobster-flavoured Pollock.
    This joke is going to be unfortunately lost on way too many people.
    M_Ware

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch