frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

5 Ways To Race A Train | TRS Triathlon

edited September 2016 in Articles

image5 Ways To Race A Train | TRS Triathlon

Ever wanted to see if you can bike faster than a train? Here's how to do it, and where. The 'why' is up to you.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Eric LagerstromEric Lagerstrom Member, Pro Triathlete
    This was great. The snowy mountain one sounds rad. My friends and I used to do the jump out at one stop and race the metro to the next stop game here in Portland.
    AaronWebsteyGasBombM_Waretwig05MattGranpa Chook
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Thanks @Eric Lagerstrom - and way to 'Keep Portland Weird!'
    AaronWebsteyGasBomb
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    Can you race in costume?

Granpa ChookKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyyournotunique
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    The Unipiper! Awesome @Matt, haven't seen that for a while.

MattAaronWebstey
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    I've actually done the Race the Train one in Wales, super fun event, mainly a cross country race where you're bee-lining across fields which are more often than not muddy since it always rains out there.
    M_WareGasBombKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebstey
    seems like kind of an asshole =)
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    edited October 2016
    I don't know, a friend of mine in college said he ran a train once, but he didn't look like he was in that great of shape. So imagine it can't be too difficult.
    KenElPescadoPeladoMartinTad_Machrowicz
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph | Follow yournotunique

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch