frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Weekly Poll - Olympic King Or The Queen K? | TRS Triathlon

edited August 2016 in Articles

imageWeekly Poll - Olympic King Or The Queen K? | TRS Triathlon

The 2016 Olympics triathlon race will be remembered for Alistair Brownlee’s 2nd Gold Medal and a Brownlee Brothers 1,2 finish.  Major injuries to Richard Murray...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Interesting question.

I think Ali should go long. Firstly, the way he bikes he'll do some serious damage, his attack attack attack mentality means he barely does any drafting in an OD anyways (and have you checked out their results previously at the non-draft Dubai, 1.5/80/10 race). Plus - at 32 may not have the speed and, whilst 3 golds would be epic, does he really have anything to prove? Conversely, he could probably still walk into the team even if he raced LD for the next 3 years and decided to give a season to the Olympics for Tokyo. Going LD and 28 is not old and 32 is not an unreasonable age, but t depends on how many years you think it will take him to get into it.

Jonny - I think probably a better LD athlete, a bit more patient and imho more robust. But there has to be the temptation to hang around for one more cycle to step out of his shadow in pursuit of a gold medal... otherwise he'll always have that looming over him. Then, going LD at 30 would probably be the perfect moment age wise)...

BUT - I voted they should both go long... lets be honest, Frodo, Gomez, Brownlee x2 - that would be the sort of line up which would get people super excited, those 4 are complete triathletes and if you get them on the start line together when they're all on form you could have some mind blowing racing. 4 way sprint down Ali'i drive anyone for Kona 2018?
    GasBombJames LangeKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyRobert Rankin
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I tend to agree with all your points. Love the "robust" comment on Jonny. He just looks like a long course guy. Under control. Ali looks like he's always 1 second from blowing up!
    James LangeKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyTad_M

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    JB doesn't shave his legs. He's the new Andy Potts.
    He'll get gold in Toyko 2020 to collect all 3 medals.
    GasBomb
  • Options
    Matt said:

JB doesn't shave his legs. He's the new Andy Potts.
    He'll get gold in Toyko 2020 to collect all 3 medals.

Too bad. I wonder if shaving his legs would have gained him 6 seconds? lol

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    More like 30 seconds. Alistair slowed to a walk in the final 200m.
    GasBomb
  • Options
    Keep doing ITU. Fuck Kona.
    GasBombAaronWebsteyKMRyanTri
  • Options

Fuck Kona.

Right in Madame Pelee's caldera.
    KenElPescadoPeladoGasBombTad_M
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    GasBomb said:

I tend to agree with all your points. Love the "robust" comment on Jonny. He just looks like a long course guy. Under control. Ali looks like he's always 1 second from blowing up!

I agree with GasBomb who agrees with Andrew... Also voted both should go long, but that's quite an interesting thing for Jonny to consider. He wants that Gold!
    GasBomb

• Options

Keep doing ITU. Fuck Kona.

This, but extend Kona to all long course. And may it result in stronger, more interesting sub-70.3 races around the world.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @Martin let's start a Canadian replacement for the lifetime series!
    idking90MartinGasBombMatt
  • Options

@Martin let's start a Canadian replacement for the lifetime series!

Timmy's Tri Series - Winners get gigantic donuts, with diameters measured in meters!
    I'd hop the border and do the Windsor and the Toronto for sure!!!!!
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyStruang

• Options

Timmy's Tri Series - Winners get gigantic donuts, with diameters measured in meters!
    I'd hop the border and do the Windsor and the Toronto for sure!!!!!

I need a bento box that will hold 20 Timbits.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    Put them in a blender and combine with a Double Double in your BTA hydration.
    AaronWebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Matt said:

CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE
    KenElPescadoPeladoMattStruangTad_M
  • Options

Matt said:

CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE
    I can't even imagine WTF you guys are talking about. Quit getting all Canadian in front of the rest of us. It's awkward.
    M_Waresimonsen77AaronWebsteyTad_M

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @GasBomb
    It's common to be jealous of those of us who are bi-lingual in fast food, or even tri - lingual. Don't stress.

M_WareGasBomb

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch