frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

F'ing Snow! I Can't Take it Anymore!

Another 24 inches of snow has fallen over he last two days . . . to go along with the 36 inches of snow over the last two weeks. I can't take this anymore! No sidewalks to run on, too damn cold to get up early and go to the pool, and without doing any of that, what's the damn point of riding the trainer! I can't possible be the only one tired of getting shrinkage every time I step out into this crappy weather! There have GOT to be some other tough arse North Easterners going through this . . . how do we deal with this!

Brinz - TRS East - Boston Chapter

TimSchroeder

Comments

• Options
    espej09espej09 Member
    edited February 2015
    Yea I feel your pain. We're at 70inches since Jan 24.
    ITS THE WORST

village idiot

• Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I can't begin to express how happy it makes me feel to know that I've had an easier winter than so many people.
    HSeeley14

• Options
    I have 7 feet in the driveway.

Skiing, however, was fantastic.
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    Did your mothers never teach you to share when you were growing up? Seriously.

The ski resorts up here in Tahoe barely have 1/2 the base compared to what is in @rrheisler's driveway! http://squawalpine.com/

seems like kind of an asshole =)

• Options
    It was knee deep in the trees yesterday. It's been so cold when it snows that its taking the moisture content out of it, making it pure powder. It's unreal.

Paying for it today as my back is trashed, but well worth it.
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    Agreed,

After getting a plush gig in California, then the family vacation in Florida I got shipped to Erie PA.

Spoiler alert, there is snow damn near everywhere and the high this week is supposed to be 23.

Welcome to Costco. I love you.

• Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    As someone who is from Syracuse, a repeated contender for the Golden Snowball award, I feel your pain.

Which is why I am going to Miami for 3 months. Peace out losers.
    Ryan HeislerSteve HalewskiHSeeley14
  • Options
    I'm headed to the Erie area this coming weekend, @TimSchroeder. I grew up there and am heading back to see family. I miss the lake-effect snow now that I'm in NJ.
  • Options
    I XC ski just about every other day. My dog loves it and it makes me happy that she's happy. Yes, it's cold as fuck, but I only get to do this a few months out of the year. I also signed up for a winter running race series too - force myself into some misery. Racing 4 very painful, cold, snowy, shitty races out there. Why not. What doesn't kill you... well, it makes me want to drink, so I do that after. 10931078_10102228113399838_2263362005862805315_n
    Aaron WebsteyHMkrplunkitHSeeley14

Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.

• Options
    @rrheisler 7ft! Man, what the heck am I complaining about with just 4-5 feet! I guess now I have to get up in the morning and workout. Damn, now I wish it would just keep snowing . . . I was getting used to laying back and having a bunch of excuses for not working out. Damn you!

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    You might be lucky that it's just snow - here in Halifax, our standard weather pattern is something like:

- snow a shitload at just under freezing
    - rain for a day at just over freezing
    - ice pellets fall from the sky, just for good measure
    - drop to 0F for a day or 2
    - repeat in that or some other order

I spent 3 hours smashing ice out of the driveway with a maul, mattock, and roundmouth shovel last week. Had to prepare for the next storm that was laughing its way from Heisler et al on the Eastern Seaboard and about to whip a mishmash of snow, ice, and rain on top of everything we already had. Broke a snow scoop and 2 shovels helping clear a neighbour's plow-ice-pile. X-C skiing? Forget about it. Driving? Good luck!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey DING DING DING we have a winner!
    Aaron Webstey

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @Brinz hooray!! I'm a wiener!!
    Ryan Heisler
    #KOAT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch