frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Weekly Poll - Destination Unknown | TRS Triathlon

edited July 2016 in Articles

imageWeekly Poll - Destination Unknown | TRS Triathlon

Greetings fellow triathletes!  This weeks poll is being used for my own personal selfish use.  With Ben Hobbs busy pulling a camper and Aaron...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I know I left out asia and Australia/new Zealand, plus both north and south poles. None of those destinations really peak my interest, plus serious travel time/expense and also everything in Australia will try to kill me. Thanks

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I can only speak for the destination and not the race itself but I suggest Challenge Iceland. If you haven't been to Iceland I think it is a must. Gorgeous country and it is truly magical. The pictures from this year's race were amazing.

You could even combine the Iceland race with a trip to Barcelona and enjoy two destinations. (Or other European city.) Iceland Air allows 7 day stopover at no extra charge so you could see Iceland, race, leave your bike somewhere safe, then head off to Barcelona without your bike for a second leg of your trip.
    GasBombAaronWebsteyellsworth53t
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Two words:

EPIC DARTMOUTH

http://epicdartmouth.com/
    GasBombKenElPescadoPeladoslickfins_Ryankjrunnin
  • Options

I can only speak for the destination and not the race itself but I suggest Challenge Iceland. If you haven't been to Iceland I think it is a must. Gorgeous country and it is truly magical. The pictures from this year's race were amazing.

You could even combine the Iceland race with a trip to Barcelona and enjoy two destinations. (Or other European city.) Iceland Air allows 7 day stopover at no extra charge so you could see Iceland, race, leave your bike somewhere safe, then head off to Barcelona without your bike for a second leg of your trip.

Ooh, right out of the gate we have a strong contender. Very nice. Plus I would get a cool race destination and Boo Boo would get Barcelona, hmm, tempting.

AaronWebsteyM_Ware

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    HSeeley14HSeeley14 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

Two words:

EPIC DARTMOUTH

You are one persistent mofo with this race. I hope you are involved in some kind of profit share. The reasons listed here are enough to make me want to sign up:

http://epicdartmouth.com/epic-reasons-to-visit-nova-scotia/
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoCraig D
  • Options

Two words:

EPIC DARTMOUTH

and I quote, from the Epic Dartmouth VISIT NOVA SCOTIA PAGE!, "Halifax is also the site of The Halifax Explosion Dec 6th 1917. This accident was the single largest man made explosion in the world prior to the advent of the atomic bomb and Hiroshima. Halifax sends a massive Christmas tree to the City of Boston each year as a remembrance of their help in this disaster." Any RD that advertises their race with a famous explosion is an idiot. Also, Halifax was the closest port when the Titanic sank, so at least it's got that going for it. WOW, what a shithole.
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoHSeeley14slickfins_Ryan

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I partied in Halifax once. We started early and went from bar to bar, unknowingly steadily working out way downhill the whole time. At 3am all the bars closed and we were at the bottom of a giant mountain with our hotel at the top. Pretty sure I was half sober by the time I got back to my room.
    GasBombAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoHSeeley14Craig DkjrunninMamaCheetah

• Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I think Whistler looks awesome!
    GasBombellsworth53tCraig D
  • Options
    We have a cemetery full of Titanic corpses! #marketing

@James Lange that's the quintessential Halifax experience! Congratulations. In the summer you can get some impossibly-fit university student to pull you around in a rickshaw, FYI.
    James LangeGasBombMamaCheetah
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    How @Aaron Webstey sounded from that first paragraph

AaronWebsteyGasBombKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetah
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    If I'm racing in Europe, I want the big daddy. Roth. What history, and a billion rabid fans.
    M_Warembrekk44ellsworth53tGasBombJennifer PostMamaCheetah

• Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    That trip to Iceland that @Jennifer Post mentioned sounds pretty good. I've never been there, but a buddy of mine recently went and the photos were spectacular...and he's a shitty photographer.
    That Alp d'Huez triathlon sounds intriguing.
    If I could go anywhere, I might choose Noosa.
    AaronWebsteyJennifer PostGasBombkjrunninMamaCheetah
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    If you race Noosa, don't choke, or you'll be hung out to dry.
    Brent_R
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    I suggest you do either Frankfurt or Roth... as you say... they "give a shit" about triathlon, the crowds always look epic and I'm sure all that Footlong German sausage will keep Boo Boo happy!
    AaronWebsteyHSeeley14MamaCheetah
  • Options
    andrewm88 said:

I suggest you do either Frankfurt or Roth... as you say... they "give a shit" about triathlon, the crowds always look epic and I'm sure all that Footlong German sausage will keep Boo Boo happy!

For your information, she has repeatedly told me it's not the size of the sausage that matters.
    HSeeley14KenElPescadoPeladoBrent_RTad_MachrowiczMamaCheetah

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    @HSeeley14 I have no stake in the race, I just want to have real-life triathlon friends for a couple days :(
    ellsworth53tJames LangeGasBombHSeeley14Craig Det5504KenElPescadoPeladoBrent_Rslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    I'm shocked that there have been so many posts about Halifax without a single mention of donairs.

Iceland or Roth.
    AaronWebsteyGasBombHSeeley14
  • Options
    OverBiker_SamOverBiker_Sam Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Israman.
    Eilat, Israel - January 2017.
    Swim in the Red Sea
    Bike in the Negev desert along the Egyptian border, watching camels and armed patrols go by
    Run down the !@#!@# hill that took way to long to climb up, while looking across at the Jordanian hills.
    AaronWebsteyGasBombmbrekk44Craig DMatt
    Cheers,
    -Sam

• Options

Israman.
    Eilat, Israel - January 2017.
    Swim in the Red Sea
    Bike in the Negev desert along the Egyptian border, watching camels and armed patrols go by
    Run down the !@#!@# hill that took way to long to climb up, while looking across at the Jordanian hills.

@OverBiker_Sam This race is i'm sure epic. You should know, since you've already raced it. However, and I don't mean this to have any negative religious or racial undertones, NO FUCKING WAY! Half my customers open carry when they come in my office and I still don't want anything to do with the middle east. Nope. Not going.

mbrekk44OverBiker_SamKenElPescadoPelado

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Yeah that's a sketchy region to visit by choice. Beautiful sights to see in Israel, I'm sure, but I expect the beef will be squashed there about a week from never.
    GasBomb
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Cabo 70.3 or IM - hot as balls and your money goes far. The Mexicans love their triathlon it seems given the big crowds that come to watch. They don't hang around for the end of the race though. The drivers move out of the way on training rides which blows my mind. Non wetsuit swim. Other one is Whistler. Atmosphere, location, and Canadian beer.
    GasBomb
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

@HSeeley14 I have no stake in the race, I just want to have real-life triathlon friends for a couple days :(

I got drunk and on Twitter one night talking to @Aaron Webstey and totally wound up signing up for Epic Dartmouth. Webstey and I are going to race it and then drink something called Screech which I'm very excited and scared about at the same time.

M_Waresimonsen77AaronWebsteyGasBombTad_MachrowiczKenElPescadoPeladoAdrienne
    Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.
  • Options
    @slickfins_Ryan yup, I was drunk too but I'm still in. Screech is from Newfoundland - here in Nova Scotia we'll pour any old thing down the gullet if it gets a good buzz on. I'm pumped, you're gonna have a great time!!!
    GasBombM_WareTad_MachrowiczKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    @Aaron Webstey , I'm considering Epic Dartmouth. Since I am a cheapstake, I'm wiling to break my rule about never signing up for a race too far in advance for the decent discount going on right now- but are we reasonable sure the race is definitely on for 2017?
    What in the world would I be getting myself into? (would do Terra)

AaronWebstey
    WTC Free since 2010

• Options
    It's definitely super cheap right now! And the race will take place, I believe. Pretty sure the paving has already happened, and the RD is extra paranoid about it now and in constant communication with authorities etc. They are very keen (a local couple runs it), do a shit ton for kids (the biggest kids event East of Quebec by far), and run a very tight ship. You won't be disappointed. :)
  • Options
    so are you @Aaron Webstey doing the race?
    AaronWebstey
    WTC Free since 2010

• Options
    @WadeCutter Yup, planning on it. I have a deferral from last year when I was injured :)
  • Options

It's definitely super cheap right now! And the race will take place, I believe. Pretty sure the paving has already happened, and the RD is extra paranoid about it now and in constant communication with authorities etc. They are very keen (a local couple runs it), do a shit ton for kids (the biggest kids event East of Quebec by far), and run a very tight ship. You won't be disappointed. :)

Would be a helluva double if Challenge Saint Andrews keeps their date the following weekend.
  • Options

@WadeCutter Yup, planning on it. I have a deferral from last year when I was injured :)

@Aaron Webstey Just signed up! I'm in for the Epic Terra.

After further thought, holy shit!

M_WareAaronWebstey
    WTC Free since 2010

• Options
    @WadeCutter yyyyyyes!!! Chalk me up for 2 referrals, Epic!! :)
    KenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch