frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Ask a Random Triathlete: So Many Categories, Buckets, and Aerobars | TRS Triathlon

edited July 2016 in Articles

imageAsk a Random Triathlete: So Many Categories, Buckets, and Aerobars | TRS Triathlon

I’m back!  I know you all were anxiously awaiting my return, wandering blindly through life the last few weeks, directionless without a random triathlete to offer guidance....

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    It's back!! I want to race in the ginger division - does the carpet have to match the drapes?
    StruangHSeeley14
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

It's back!! I want to race in the ginger division - does the carpet have to match the drapes?

But you have brown hair. Wait, are you saying that ....................
    AaronWebsteyHSeeley14KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    @ellsworth53t take that one whichever way makes you feel the least icky. Good luck with that.
    ellsworth53tsimonsen77KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    G Scott LayherG Scott Layher Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    In all seriousness, (I know I know this is not the place) I think if they added a non-timed, swim with floated, ride what you have and walk the rest category the sport would gain participants instead of losing them. I am not advocating for that but I will bet it would work. This sport needs to do something or local races will be gone.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Coming to a Canadian venue near you in 2017 - Crown Royal® Presents - Triathlon, Neat™!

Start your day with a smooth, generous finger of Crown Royal® Regal Apple™ and a Trudeau®-brand gagger of Ottawa Express™, as you await your Seadoo® Seascooter™-assisted tour of the iceberg caverns of Newfoundland.

Tossing your drysuit aside in T1, warm your bones as you inhale the invigorating, rugged flavour of a Benson & Hedges® White™ and savour 30mL of Crown Royal® Maple Finished™.

Not feeling sporty? No problem - you can "Be A Motordoper For A Day"™, and relax as you take in the spectacular plateaus and fjords of Gros Morne National Park™ aboard a fully-automated Cervelo® P7™ [sworry Americans, we've had the P7 for like a year and a half already and just aren't supposed to tell you].

Hack one more dart, couple draws'a th'Express, and down a couple dozen millilitres of Crown Royal® Whiskey™ in T2, and your greatest (and only) challenge of the day has arrived: convincing the Mounties you're OK as you walk 50m down the road to the finish line. Receive your Roots® finisher's toque, cool down with another quick puffa Trudeau, and get ready for "T3": all the Crown Royal® Black™ you can drink, Bublé in the background, and ax-tossing till the moose come home.

Note: this is a BYOP* event. Curd responsibly.
    M_WarebalsdorfHSeeley14mbrekk44KenElPescadoPeladoTad_MCraig_DMatt
  • Options
    * Bring Your Own Poutine
    M_WareKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Kelly O'MaraKelly O'Mara Member, Pro Triathlete
    @G Scott Layher Cycling used to have Merckx divisions, so no fancy equipment. Though cycling also has ability-based categories instead of age-based, so, and only separates out Masters divisions (and juniors). I think some of the Tri Retro series are more ride what you have.
  • Options
    AVAVAVAVAVAV Member
    A triathlon, but with swimmies, single-speed bikes and roller blade legal runs.
    AaronWebstey

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch