frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

IMTX stays in The Woodlands. Registration opens July 27th

balsdorfbalsdorf Member
edited July 2016 in Main
Announcement here

Bike course should be FAST.

Majority of it is on a freeway that is undergoing a lot of construction right now so it should have new, smooth pavement for next year. PDF is wrong where it says one loop. You will do two loops on the Hard Toll Road.

I'm still not doing it (my twins are arriving tomorrow and I can't commit to the training) but it should be a great race.

PreachSwanson

Comments

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    If a pack comes towards the toll booth, can they lower the bar to penalize them all at once.

Or lower it when half the group is through to deliver a more appropriate message...

GasBombTad_MCraig_D
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I'm also not signing up after this years fiasco, but with them having it 3 weeks earlier, I wonder how the weather will be. Maybe a more manageable run?

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    the real question is if our new CEO will be out to meet and great as a spectator. Over the years this has become an expectation of the TRS Racing CEO.

CC: @Aaron Webstey
    AaronWebsteyGasBombCraig_DPreachSwanson
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    It may have been a typo, but I'm officially calling next year's IMTX event "The TRS Triathlon Meet & Great". I got some air miles to use up, I'll see if I can book a ticket before they expire Jan 1st for a flight next spring.
    ItsShugJoshRbalsdorfGasBombJames LangeTad_MDerekLBrent_RCraig_DRobert RankinPreachSwanson
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    We need to look at trying to book a TRS Home stay or airbnb some where there in the woodlands.
    GasBombAaronWebstey
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    ItsShug said:

We need to look at trying to book a TRS Home stay or airbnb some where there in the woodlands.

If this happens, i'm flying down.

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    Set up a beer mile and I'm there.
    GasBombkjrunnin
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Any interest in a second meet and greet later in the year, say first of August, within a 9-12 hour drive from Columbus?
    @ItsShug Are you thinking of Arnold fest next year? I feel like a douche for not having at least a beer with you this year.
    ItsShug
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

Any interest in a second meet and greet later in the year, say first of August, within a 9-12 hour drive from Columbus?
    @ItsShug Are you thinking of Arnold fest next year? I feel like a douche for not having at least a beer with you this year.

It's OK, buddy. You're a tremendous douche.
    ellsworth53tTad_Mkjrunnin
  • Options

Yes, the Arnold fest was hands down one of the coolest things ive ever been to. We were discussing just the other day about coming back next year. The only thing that would get in the way is my work schedule. but if its within my power at all I'm planning on going back up. I think were going to try to get a hotel room right there across from the convention center. It would be worth an extra hundred dollars a night to be within stumbling distance of everything. Uber got expensive.
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    I live about 45 minutes out of town, but keep me in the loop. If they have that race in Dublin, we should do it. I'll just pick you up.
  • Options

I googled Epic Dartmouth to see if it would be feasible for me to come up-- it's not, and now I take back the google too...........buddy.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I live about 45 minutes out of town, but keep me in the loop. If they have that race in Dublin, we should do it. I'll just pick you up.

man if we get up there just come crash with us, bring an air mattress and camp out in the room. shut down the bars, get loaded and you don't have to drive anywhere.
    ellsworth53t
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    balsdorf said:

I'm still not doing it (my twins are arriving tomorrow and I can't commit to the training) but it should be a great race.

Best wishes to Mama Balsdorf & the twins!

Tad_Mbalsdorfkjrunnin
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options

I googled Epic Dartmouth to see if it would be feasible for me to come up-- it's not, and now I take back the google too...........buddy.
    Look, I have to include gratuitous Caddyshack references here and there. Tradition is the soul of loyalty.

Did you really look up Epic?? It's going to be really good next year, apparently.
    ellsworth53t
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    i kinda want to do a full in 2017 but woodlands/Houston generally blows. do a lot of team members do this race or attend it? also, could we for real "sponsor" a beer mile in the middle of the run at like mile 22 and hand our brews?
    KenElPescadoPelado

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    @Evan seems like it had at least as much participation as Rev3 Knoxville this year.
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch