frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Let's See Your Critters

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Ha!! Soulmates. I knew it.
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter

We are officially a 4 dog household. Say hello to Romeo.
    MattItsShugM_WarekjrunninAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MachrowiczDawnCCraig DMamaCheetah

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    Shitty kitty got gritty and bit a knitty titty

MartinKenElPescadoPeladombrekk44DawnCTad_MachrowiczCraig DGasBombAaronWebsteyMamaCheetah
  • Options

New decor (the fancy stuff, from Winners)? Nope, new cat bed.
    kjrunninM_WareTad_Machrowiczellsworth53tCraig DGasBombMamaCheetah
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter
    ItsShug said:

Cross posted. But couldn't be more proud of phil taking 3rd place this evening in the daschund race.

Rest in Peace Sweet Phil.

AaronWebsteykjrunninTad_MachrowiczwchevronMartinKenElPescadoPeladoZach BoringGasBombMamaCheetah
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
  • Options
    Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    So apparently my beagle is also part boxer. She couldn't get the box off but figured out that if she shook her head she could get more crackers. Shake shake crunch crunch crunch repeat....

M_WareAaronWebsteykjrunninsimonsen77ItsShugStruangwchevronDawnCHensatcTad_MachrowiczKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombMamaCheetah
    Canadian Division
  • Options

Queen B, aka Bruiser.
    M_WarekjrunninGasBombKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MachrowiczMamaCheetah
  • Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Wash your work hands before you pet Queen B please @AaronWebstey
    AaronWebsteyCraig DMattKenElPescadoPeladoGasBomb

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Don't miss out on this!

Contest time! Tag your dog training photos with #dogsoftri to be entered to win a TriMag trucker hat--and have @dog_rates rate your pup! pic.twitter.com/t5cCRihg4D

— Triathlete Magazine (@TriathleteMag) March 22, 2017
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    For the Border Collie Lovers...(RIP Spot, Emmett, Einar)
    GasBombAaronWebsteyMamaCheetah
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    My wife and daughter are all-in on Astro, here. Yea or nay? I prefer larger dogs (our last was a greyhound), but this would admittedly suit our current lifestyle better than another grey.
    GasBombAaronWebsteyKHilgendorfKenElPescadoPeladoDawnCMamaCheetah
  • Options
    @Martin Sweet!
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    Cute! But you should call him radar
    M_WareGasBombMamaCheetah
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    RIP Zack. He was a good dog.

MartinAaronWebsteyM_WareDawnCMattGasBombTad_MachrowiczGentlemanJerseyDaveMamaCheetah
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Sorry to hear it, @KenElPescadoPelado :(.

As some of you know, Bruiser checked out on Thursday as well. To quote the great emotional minimalist Kenny Powers, it made me super, super sad.
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombTad_MachrowiczGentlemanJerseyDaveMamaCheetah
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Yesterday the hub took our shaggy furball maltipoo to the groomers. That's him sporting his typical look, which I think suits him:

Unbeknownst to me, the hub made a special request to the groomers. And this is how he came home:

I can't even.
    M_WareMartinKenElPescadoPeladoCraig DTad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteyGasBombGentlemanJerseyDaveDawnCMamaCheetah

• Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    So we have two new additions. Meet Rocket and Rosita. I wanted to make him Stewart but was over ridden.

AaronWebsteyM_WareGasBombKenElPescadoPeladoGentlemanJerseyDavesimonsen77Tad_MachrowiczMattDawnCCraig DMamaCheetah
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    Rocket is loud as hell rosita is pretty sweet tho.
    M_WareMamaCheetah
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    ToefuzzToefuzz Member
    My running buddy trying to get my fat, lazy ass off the couch.
    AaronWebsteyM_WareGasBombkjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoGentlemanJerseyDaveItsShugTad_MachrowiczMattDawnCCraig DMamaCheetah
  • Options
    ItsShug said:

Rocket is loud as hell rosita is pretty sweet tho.

@ItsShug We need the rest of the story on these little bandits.
    GasBombDawnCmaggieru
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    AlexSAlexS Member
    Hey I'm new here and I figured instead of using the New Here thread I would introduce my dogs first
    M_WareGasBombKenElPescadoPeladoGentlemanJerseyDavesimonsen77Tad_MachrowiczItsShugAaronWebsteyMattCraig DmaggieruMamaCheetah
  • Options
    Welcome @AlexS!
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @AlexS I like you already.

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In December and then early February I lost two of my Kats. Snicket was an FIV Alley Kat that I found in Brooklyn in 2005 who we were advised to destroy but I refused. He lived a great life and made it to 13 until cancer ravaged his body. He was my sons best friend from the day of birth - Snicket paid us back 100-fold by the way he helped raise that kid, I've never seen a cat/child bond like it.

In February my kitty from grad school, Cassius-Kat (can you tell I'm a Herriman fan?), passed. A friend found him in the mountains near Asheville in 2000 and asked "If I drive this cat I found to you in Florida will you take him?" I thought he was joking but two weeks later he showed up. Cassius had a stroke 18 months back and again I refused to put him to sleep. He rebounded well but suddenly fell ill and since he wasn't in pain and he hated the vet I took him home and held him until he passed. I'm kind of haunted as to whether this was right but his last thoughts were of him being hugged by the only human he loved - he was anxiety riddled but was the most affectionate cat I've every bonded to. I get anxiety attacks and night terrors and the second one would come on he'd jump on my chest, get his head below my chin and purr. He was a beautiful soul.

Anyway, the photo - I was heartbroken. I told my family we'd get no more cats and just let those still with us remain but I couldn't deal with this hurt again anytime soon. Then I walk past the shelter near my office and see the same cat I've been seeing for the past five months. I walk in and I find out he's FIV positive and noone will take him. I opened the cage and the photo you see is of him after he leapt in my arms. I actually started tearing up and knew this cat needed me and I needed him at that moment. So yeah, 17 lbs with a breathing issue and FIV I adopted Pumpkin on the spot. He's on a diet and my son is in love with him. He still has a lot of the alley in him - he's almost past the nipping part but loves to be loved and purrs up a storm, he's a rad Kat and is going to have a great home for a long time to come.

-fin-
    -happy ending-

M_WareGasBombKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninAaronWebsteyTad_MachrowiczDawnCCraig DMamaCheetah
    Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete
  • Options
    MamaCheetah
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Welcome @AlexS ! Cool pooches!
    MamaCheetah

• Options
    eremillongeremillong Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

This is my big head dog. His name is Dozer. He does not run, or bike, or swim. He likes blanked. And treats. He's kind of awesome.
    kjrunninM_WareAaronWebsteyGentlemanJerseyDaveGasBombTad_MachrowiczDawnCMamaCheetah
  • Options
    eremillongeremillong Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Sorry. Blankies
    M_Ware
  • Options

M_WareAaronWebsteysimonsen77MattGasBombTad_MachrowiczDawnCmaggieruMamaCheetah
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    scottyscotty Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Someone with photoshop skills please add a brandy snifter and a Sherlock Holmes pipe.

M_WarekjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyGasBombItsShugTad_MachrowiczDawnCCraig DMamaCheetah
    ______

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch