frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Who is going to Rock the Cock in Kona?

trsradio69trsradio69 Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
We bash WTC around here because we care, but Ironman is still the highest profile game in town.

So here is the question...

Who is going to Kona qualify?

The first time I see a Huub-TRS Racing kit cross the line in Kona will be a very special moment.

That individual will go down in TRS history.

Are you that man or woman?
_MurManDHansenTri

Comments

• Options
    No :(
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    If I'm the first, you'll have to wait a few years at least.

• Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I know that I am not fast enough in 2015 (or in a WTC race) but it is a dream and 2016 on is on the goal list, would rock it.

There were a few who said they are only racing WTC this year to try and qualify... I believe there are 4 or so on here who could pull it off. Just need to look back in a few threads or bait them out here.
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    YES
    Mark_after_DarkAaronWebsteyItsShugZach Boring
    EASTMODE

• Options
    I am currently on a 5 year Kona plan. So keep TRS going till 2020 and I'll rock the cock at Kona. I know I won't be the first. But hey, it's motivation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James Lange
  • Options
    Hoping so.....won't know for sure until August.
    PreachSwansonHSeeley14
  • Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I will be going for it at texas @TheRealStarky , All or nothing, I am working towards a 9:30 ish finish and hoping that will be good enough for a slot.
    PreachSwansonJames Langetrsradio69ebe4zippy
  • Options
    At texas, that should be close @TheRunOBX
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options
    im going for a slot at maryland well see how it goes
    village idiot
  • Options
    @espej09 maryland is great did it last year. Fast course
  • Options
    @TheRunOBX nice! what AG are you??? This is my first attempt at a KQ, share some of your thoughts, secrets or just overall prep prior to the race, if you dont mind, or you can PM me.
    village idiot
  • Options
    I certainly hope so, but not holding my breath. 30-34 AG typically includes at least 1 or 2 guys who could essentially race pro, at least in every IM I've done so far. I was about a minute outside of a KQ via roll down in Coeur d'Alene this year. That's the closest I've been so far.
    Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    i plan on qualifying at challenge atlantic city
    James LangeScheck48Ryan Heislerespej09Robert RankinFastCat1107TheoHSeeley14yournotuniqueebe4zippyJason41
  • Options
    Not Kona, but I'll be rockin' the cock at the ITU world champs. Just look for the guy getting his ass kicked in the sprint 40-44 age group! Last year's race was very humbling to say the least...

Kelly Lentz
    TRS Canada Chapter
    Please direct all complaints to James Lange

• Options
    Not KQ'ing, but I'll be checking the lottery results in April and letting you know :)
    seems like kind of an asshole =)
  • Options
    @espej09 i was 18-24 last year with only 1 slot at Maryland , I will send you some stuff in a pm, but except a fast course with some wind maybe
  • Options
    _MurMan_MurMan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @TheRunOBX and @espej09 Ive heard the swim is hit or miss on that course because of the tides! but either way Ill be out there cheering you on. Its not too far from my house.
    Sean Murnane - East Coast Hooligan
  • Options
    @_MurMan @espej09 yes the swim I think we got lucky last year it was no too bad , a little wind pick up near the end of the 2nd loop for me, do not remember which way the tide was pushing
  • Options
    I'm hoping to get back there in 2016 if all goes well in Florida in November @TheRealStarky
    John Littlewood - A Cock from the Valleys
    TRS Racing

• Options
    I should be at Kona (working), but I'll rock a TRS hat at parties and such. Does that count?
    ADRBilly
  • Options
    HSeeley14HSeeley14 Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Unless someone wants to CrowdFund my way to Ironman China or some other total out of the way hole in the wall race then sadly I will not be KQing anytime soon. Even if I busted a nut and was able to go low 10 or maybe sub 10, it would likely not be enough in my age group. My plan is to keep getting fitter and faster and by the time I hit the 40-44 age group I might have a chance there. Fast fucking women from 30-39. I do however have a solid plan to head to Challenge Roth in 2016 so will be sure to Rock the Cock there if I haven't been booted from the team yet.
    ADRBillyTheoRyan HeislerAaronWebsteyJames Lange
  • Options
    I was thinking of Roth in 2016. Have to figure out how to register for that since I think it's difficult to get into.
    Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.
  • Options
    Me. It's me.
    I just had to transfer my IMTX entry to IMCDA because of a work conflict. Less my kind of course, but I should still hit 9:45 or so, which in my AG (100-104) might qualify.
    DuckiesJames LangeAaronWebsteyHSeeley14ADRBilly
    "I'm just like everybody else, except Bigger & Bolder & Better in every way"
    West.  Rhymes with "Best"
  • Options
    A 9:45 on that course is no joke. I'd be surprised if you didn't qualify there @Bobo with that time in mind.
  • Options

I was thinking of Roth in 2016. Have to figure out how to register for that since I think it's difficult to get into.

It is going to take me all of 2015 just to sort out the registration process. Backup will be IM Frankfurt or some other full IM in that area around the same time.
  • Options
    @HSeeley14 IM Frankfurt has to be the most boring course I've never raced. Just saying.
    danimal
    Reformed Canadian
  • Options
    danimal said:

@HSeeley14 IM Frankfurt has to be the most boring course I've never raced. Just saying.

Yeah, heard the same thing, but options are limited that time of year over there, want to be able to build a plan around Roth and if I don't get in then just pick another one within about a 30 window in Europe. It is a fast course at least, or that's what "they" say.

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch