frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Who gave WTC to much money in 2014.

Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
So who raced too many WTC races this past year and got the gold,silver, or bronze badge to prove it?

Comments

• Options
    I got bronze. I'm ashamed.
    Polletta ~ TRS West
  • Options
    I got silver, but not really due to giving WTC *too* much money. Raced Oceanside (my first WTC event ever) and got a slot for 70.3WC which I just couldn't pass up :)
    trsradio69
    seems like kind of an asshole =)
  • Options
    HSeeley14HSeeley14 Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I haven't heard squat from WTC in years and I am proud of it. So far this year Team TRS has all my money ;)
    oldmanchad
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Very nice guys, I am ashamed but I ponyed up for 3 WTC races last year, all I got was some crapy bags that are breaking already and a gold badge
    HSeeley14Basementbiker
  • Options
    It's not really anything to be ashamed about, just fun to make fun of. WTC is a joke with how it handles many aspects of it's races, etc., but a race is a race and if you want to do it then do it. The "badges" they are awarding are simply another way to sucker people into being loyal to their company. I try to avoid WTC races if possible, but if I want to do a race because of the amazing location or support/volunteers or course then I will do it, regardless of the company running it. But, if it's a WTC race I will be flipping the bird the entire race to stick it to The Man.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    Gave them so much money - did get gold, which would be cool if it meant something....but as far as I can tell it doesn't.
  • Options
    @HeatherLow as far as I know you get a special bib and swim cap, at the regional championships there will be an special event, I think a t shirt and then something at kona.
  • Options
    ohhhhh fancy....(eyeroll)

It's a pretty shitty customer retention program. I certainly did not sign up for a bunch more WTC races this coming year to try and maintain that status, I've actually only signed up for one and only to try to qualify for Kona. If they wanted to keep me a customer or provide any encouragement to sign up for more races all they need to do is be nice to the pros (aka give them more prize money), and provide 50 spots for pro women at Kona.
    HSeeley14
  • Options
    But sadly @HeatherLow, neither of those two things will make them money. Just wait and see, I bet their solution to each of those problems will somehow make them more $ in the long run.
  • Options
    fuck... i'm a wicked asshole. They not only sent me that rectangle shit but they gave me this badge bullshit. More like "Claim You're a Douchebag". I'd be more ashamed but I want you to realize I only raced 3 IM races, two of which my wife did and the other I thought she was doing but didn't. That's the problem when you marry a pro - you're either a non-stop sherpa or you pony up some $ and have a triathlon season.
    image badge
    TheoBasementbiker
    Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.
  • Options
    This shit is great... my friend Dave's "AWA Award" badge
    HeatherLowMark_after_DarkWadeCutterRyan HeislerHMkrplunkitTheo
    Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.
  • Options
  • Options
    Scheck48Scheck48 Member
    edited February 2015
    Not a badge from WTC, but this just randomly showed up in the mail today from Rev3. Nothing more than what's shown. Odd!

At least I did the race... Anyone else receive anything from them?
  • Options
    Looks like it shipped direct from the medals supplier. Knew there were some QC issues with the first batch, hence the second round shipped out; guessing they opted to provide addresses to Maxwell to ship them out to save on freight. (It is ridiculous how much some of that stuff costs to ship…)
    Scheck48Basementbiker
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    @rrheisler you would know better than me. I still have the original and never noticed anything wrong with it. I'll have to take a closer look.
  • Options
    Ryan HeislerRyan Heisler Member
    edited February 2015
    @Scheck48 either the distance or the date is incomplete on the back of some of round 1.
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    Bronze on two WTC races... oh so sad I didn't get Runner Up.
    danimal
    Reformed Canadian
  • Options
    NO FUCKING AWARD AND PROUD OF IT!!!! (I did piss away some money to do IMWI...almost broke 11 hours (11:01:36) and my coach won the fucking race...so I got my cash out of it)
    Ryan HeislerFastCat1107

Always looking for a beer hand up
  • Options
    Did you guys see the email from WTC with the cool kits we can buy??? So not only did you give them too much money, you can give them more! haha *sarcasm*
    Polletta ~ TRS West
  • Options
    Got that email plus 4 more about more races I can sign up for early to spend some more money
  • Options
    Even before I started to listen to TRSRadio, I was generally off of WTC events. I did two last year, both 70.3. the one in NJ the bike was long and they knew it going in. Did NOTHING to change the course. I frankly don't care, though it is strange to have an iconic distance for the race and then not race that distance during the race. Just seems strange.

Imagine a 10k that wasn't or, god forbid, a 'marathon' that was 25 miles. Runners would go nuts. We triathletes put up with it and move on. I was relatively shocked by the fact that basically nobody cared, which says something pretty cool about triathletes as a group.

I ended with Silver, which I find shocking and probably says more about the other 95 percent of WTC 70.3 AGs than it does about my performance.

This year I won't get diddly because I'm not doing any WTC races. I will see some of you, with any luck, at ToughMan NY - a really good race that I've done once before. I'm looking forward to racing there as it's a real accomplishment to finish.
    Aspiring Team TRS (2016?) Currently East (but West via Mentality & History)

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch