frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Anyone who's done Boston, or familiar with the weekend

Going next year and trying to figure out a budget for races. Didn't think to check the rates of hotels prior to this years race to get an idea. What's a hotel near Boylston St (walking distance) going to cost me a night? Not needing a high end hotel, but need to find something my wife can get to without having to worry about getting a stroller/kid on an off the T. 

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though

Comments

• Options
    Boston Marriott Copley Place.  About a block over from Boylston but you can walk thru the Copley Plaza mall to get there.
  • Options
    wchevron said:
    Boston Marriott Copley Place.  About a block over from Boylston but you can walk thru the Copley Plaza mall to get there.
    Any idea what the rates are that weekend? Hoping I can stay in the $300/nt range, preferably lower but I'm not delusional. I was looking at the Courtyard Copley 

• Options
    I think normally in the low $300's but not sure if they jack it up during the race.
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    #sworry, I'm only familiar with The Weeknd

simonsen77wchevron
  • Options
    It is $499/night with a two night minimum for the Sheraton, Marriott, or Westin. More if you stay at the Lenox.

It's expensive. It's worth it to be within walking distance of the finish.
    Robert Rankin
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    Friend did it this year $100 per night for a bunk in an 8 person hostel room in buttfuck nowhere - so don't hold your breath on pricing in the $300s
  • Options
    sp1kesp1ke Member
    Use airbnb. I stayed within 15min (by bus) from the finish line for $236/night. I booked very close to the race so I'm pretty sure you'll find something closer and cheaper if you start looking early. 
    The cheapest hotel close to the finish line was Copley House ($340 including tax) when I checked.
    BTW... we have a young one too and had no issues with the stroller on the T. 
    Robert Rankin
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
    edited April 2016
    andrewm88 said:
    Friend did it this year $100 per night for a bunk in an 8 person hostel room in buttfuck nowhere - so don't hold your breath on pricing in the $300s

This sounds pretty exaggerated. I work for a luxury resort, and while not in a city, our highest rates for a standard room are going to be about $800. That's just for a single weekend. If your friend paid $100 along with 7 other people to stay in a hostel bunk then they got what they deserved. While I haven't been to Boston I'm confident I can do better than that 

• Options
    Just to bump this back up. Reservations just started booking and Marriott Copley is 315 a night. Not as bad as I thought it'd be

• Options
    Yup. We're booking the Westin out through Marathon Tours, which gives us cancellation through Dec. 31st. $449/night per room. Not terrible.
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    Marriott sold out while I was waiting on approval from the wife. Got the Hyatt for $315 with the same cancellation policy. Hopefully 3+ minutes is enough and I won't have to worry about that
    Ryan Heisler

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch