frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

New web host is live. Goodbye, Bluehost.

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
We're working on transferring over the remainder of the uploaded images (user avatars, etc) right now, but everything should be up and running other than that.

The new web hosting team is an absolute joy to work with. Without naming any names, they also host a site that rhymes with 'Greasy PainBaker", and they came highly recommended.

In short, you should expect to see almost no downtime in the upcoming year, as well as improved page loading speed and snappier response times all around. Thank you for your patience, and thanks for the tip Mr. Baker.

-KOAT
KenElPescadoPeladoM_Waresimonsen77Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_MrangamelPreachSwansonJames Langejakesaunderstcaley5Jason LentzkeRobert RankinOverSwimmerCraig_DADRBillyyournotuniqueEvan

Comments

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Snappy is good. Thanks, @Aaron Webstey (and Jay Baker)!
    M_Wareellsworth53tAaronWebstey
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_MTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Thanks Webstey! Working great now!
    Sorry for submitting a help ticket..... I hope the boss doesn't dock you too much pay for any adverse effect my submittal has caused. I'll pay you back from my substantial 2016 AG winnings!
    M_WareAaronWebstey

• Options
    Much more responsive. Nice!

I noticed during the transition you are running on MySQL. If you ever need a hand with anything DB related let me know, I worked for the MySQL company for 5 years and currently work for the founder's new company.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    Dark_markDark_mark Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, TRS/Baucco Officers
    Bluehost more like Blowshost
    AaronWebsteyGasBombRobert Rankin
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, TRS/Baucco Officers
    @Aaron Webstey I have no idea how much time and support you and Ben have given to this work but we all owe you drinks next time we see you! Thank man!
    AaronWebstey
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    neil5youngneil5young Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Agreed @Aaron Webstey ! Pretty massive performance difference already, too.
    AaronWebstey

• Options
    Yeah, the speed difference is even better than I'd hoped. I'm impressed by these guys.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    Elaine KElaine K Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Ohhh - and I was logged in when I got to the page, and didn't have to log in again or refresh it to make it recognize that :)
    AaronWebsteyOverSwimmerCraig_Dsimonsen77agreif
    Tucson, AZ
  • Options
    Congrats to those of you who discovered that the forum sort of works. The site is a bit wonky but it should be all good tomorrow. I swear to you, this short term pain will be worth the long term gain. I love you all.

W
    PreachSwansonM_WareMattGasBombbalsdorf
  • Options
    TRS_triTRS_tri Member, TRS/Baucco Officers
    I take great satisfaction in knowing that 99% of our community had no idea who Bluehost is. And now they are synonymous with incompetence.

Kudos to Webstey for being our punching bag. You probably all know that what he does is invaluable. Not only is he the best dude you could ever meet, but he's put just a ton of work into this venture. I only hope this thing continues to grow and that I can put a few dollars in his pocket.

Thanks everyone for your patience during the changeover. It was a sizable investment, but we're now in great hands. If a server/host/whateverthefuck is good enough for Ray Maker and his 3 million monthly visitors, it's should be good enough for us.

Onward and upward.

#fuckbluehost
    KenElPescadoPeladoPreachSwansonrangameljakesaundersGrantInSLCRyan HeislerRobert RankinGentlemanJerseyDaveM_WareyournotuniqueAaronWebsteyMattGasBombsimonsen77Evanmaggieruandrewm88James Lange
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    never lost faith in ole webstey
    GasBomb
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    FYI, I have a work event this afternoon and will be unavailable for several hours. #timing
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Thanks Webstey! We will try not to burn it down while you are working.

M_WareKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    I'm in Canada for work and somehow feel more forgiving.

I'm sure you noticed that the thread view count is static.
    Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch