frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Worst song to have stuck in your head during a workout?

Comments

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    This would probably suck during a workout. I had the DJ play it as the outro at my wedding.

MattMartinwchevronyournotuniqueMamaCheetah
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    edited September 2016
    Silence of the Lambs is one of my favourite books/movies
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Sk8tr Boi

• Options
    When I go east to visit my in-laws, we joke that as soon as you get within radio range of Moncton, NB, you will hear a Phil Collins song within 20 minutes of tuning to any English-language radio station. So my vote is In the Air Tonight.
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyCraig D
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
  • Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited October 2016
    Martin said:

When I go east to visit my in-laws, we joke that as soon as you get within radio range of Moncton, NB, you will hear a Phil Collins song within 20 minutes of tuning to any English-language radio station. So my vote is In the Air Tonight.

At risk of ridicule and being labeled "uncool", I will love that song till the day I cease to be a triathlete. It is a masterpiece. In fact, I may try to set an indoor trainer world record for distance/time covered while continuously listening to "In the Air Tonight". (full disclosure, I'm a total Brit rock head anyway. If you haven't watched Peter Gabriel's Live in Verona on your local on demand, do it. Old man still brings it.)

This could be a new challenge for next year @PreachSwanson , pick any song you like, loop it. Max ride time wins. Accurate description of resulting hallucinations is mandatory.
    PreachSwansonDawnCkjrunninCraig D

• Options
    edited October 2016
    What fresh hell is this, what did I do to deserve it? I'm blaming swimming in silence on this popping up in my brain. If I'm going to have 1984's playlist in my head I want my 1984 body back, too.
    mbrekk44Tad_MachrowiczwchevronStruangMamaCheetahCraig DKenElPescadoPelado
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    I couldn't sleep one night in the 80's. Turned on MTV and this song was playing. It periodically pops into my head.

M_Ware
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @Matt Wow, John Leguizamo's career has really fallen off.

@KenElPescadoPelado I love that song and that video. It, too was played at my wedding. Along with this. This one definitely got some people to pause mid-drink. My friends and I are weird people.

KenElPescadoPeladoMattMamaCheetah
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph | Follow yournotunique

• Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Related to that, Greenskeepers makes some really fun, incredibly weird stuff. And their videos are equally fun and weird.

M_Ware
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph | Follow yournotunique

• Options
    Ok, this is it, after 35 laps of this rolling through my head today, I'm going to have to go against Dr. @Adrienne's orders and track down a swimming tune solution. Yes, grasshoppers, this is a pre-internet song.
    DawnCMamaCheetah
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options

Related to that, Greenskeepers makes some really fun, incredibly weird stuff. And their videos are equally fun and weird.

Just noting that this Phil appears to be unrelated to both Phil Collins and @ItsShug's Phil Dachshund.
    yournotuniqueKHilgendorf
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    How did this one not make the list until now?

MamaCheetah
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

That is an assault on more than one of the senses ... maybe even the 6th sense too.

KenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebstey
  • Options

Oooh those are pretty good, @M Ware & @Matt. Reminded me of this; not 'a' song, per se, but full of musical ridiculousness:

Just. No.
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    @KenElPescadoPelado - I just saw the fish jump out of that tank and walk away.
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    M_Ware said:

What fresh hell is this, what did I do to deserve it? I'm blaming swimming in silence on this popping up in my brain. If I'm going to have 1984's playlist in my head I want my 1984 body back, too.

Try being a 45 year old woman and realizing you have 1984 George Michael hair !
    M_WareAaronWebsteyStruangCraig DKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Beyonce' - Single Ladies... but only the "wuh uh oh, oh oh oh, whu, uh oh" part on 1 million times repeat
    M_WareKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    scottyscotty Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...a whimboway awhimboway...
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyStruangMamaCheetahAdrienne
    ______

• Options
    Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    A song from my long distant youth. There was a lot of "party favours" at the party I was at in Red Deer the first time I heard it. It gets old fast. I play it when I take my kids on long trips every now and again. The youngest screams child abuse as soon as it comes on.

M_WareKenElPescadoPelado
    Canadian Division
  • Options
  • Options
    Matt said:

I'd been wondering what happened to McLovin after Superbad.
  • Options
    So this has been running on my internal loop for the last 3 hours. Someone just shoot me, please.
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    I have a 70.3 tomorrow. Please wish me luck getting this one out of my head. I wish I were kidding... " don't know what you heard about me / But a bitch can't get a dollar out of me / No Cadillac, no perms, you can't see / That I'm a motherfucking P-I-M-P…"
    M_WareAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    @MamaCheetah first, lots of virtual cowbell for you tomorrow. Sharing the link ...

MamaCheetahAaronWebstey
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Good luck @MamaCheetah !
    MamaCheetah
  • Options
    edited July 16
    Thanks. Sort of hoping for rip currents so they cx the swim. Not for any other reason than I just don't wanna swim.
    AaronWebsteyTad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    The last bad one that I had was "hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go....." 8 miles of that and I was ready to jump in front of oncoming traffic. Blasted kids
    M_WareAaronWebsteyMamaCheetahsimonsen77
  • Options

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch