frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Stay Safe, East Coast Bretheren

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
Good luck out there, friends. Not sure if you're getting the storm as badly as we're supposed to overnight, but if so, I wish you all a safe and uneventful evening.

Comments

• Options
    At least two feet tonight/tomorrow. Wind up to 60 MPH. Fun times.

Apparently there's also another onslaught on tap for Friday and Super Bowl Sunday.
    HMkrplunkitAaronWebstey
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    You guys really need to start sharing some of that moisture with us out here in CA!

Not to rub it in for those who are going to get hammered by the storm this weekend, but the downside of this nice 60-70 degree winter weather is that reservoirs like the one Wildflower is held at, are sitting at 4% capacity :(
    AaronWebstey
    seems like kind of an asshole =)
  • Options
    @theo ive heard of people visiting the East from CA being amazed by thunderstorms. Can you confirm that thunderstorms are a rare occurrence in CA and that people who live there are general weather wimps?
    AaronWebstey
    HMKP
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Wow, prayers for the weather on both coasts. Good luck with the snow clearing as well, that usually is a dandy of a workout
    AaronWebstey
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    Just finished Stage 4 of Sufferlandria - now I report for the night to the firehouse. We had a storm like this in 2010 and it was a mountain of work. Should be fun. Stay safe out there.
    AaronWebsteyHMkrplunkit
    Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete
  • Options
    @Kpressure totally, although we do also have this problem locally when people go to Yosemite or the "high country" of the Sierras where summer thunderstorms are fairly common and people are completely clueless about them thinking it's going to be a nice sunny day the entire time. People here are complete weather wimps, especially when it comes to driving which is a problem. Anytime it rains here, or when people go up to Tahoe to go skiing it is always a shit-show of people all over the place!
    AaronWebsteyHMkrplunkit
    seems like kind of an asshole =)
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @GentlemanJerseyDave Be safe out there... don't forget to turn off the Jake Brake on that areal truck
    AaronWebstey
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Poor Easterners have been battered this winter. Serves you right.
    AaronWebstey

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @james_lange just think, I could have saved so much shoveling if I had just stuck to TRS west!
    James Lange
  • Options
    Office closed tomorrow. May need to bust out the wide skis and go powder hunting.
    AaronWebstey
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    @rrheisler You definitely need to bust out the skis! Better than sitting there and worrying about all the shovelling you have to do like @AaronWebstey. 2 feet of snow is a daily occurrence for us true Canadians in the West...kinda...ok, maybe not...actually, that's a fuck load of snow...good luck with that...
    AaronWebstey

Kelly Lentz
    TRS Canada Chapter
    Please direct all complaints to James Lange

• Options
    I'm just on the western edge of the storm as it seems to have shifted a bit overnight. Storm totals were predicted to be 14"+ here, but I only have about 4-6". Lame.
  • Options
    SNOOOOOOOOOOW DAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

First time wife and I have ever both had the day off for snow.
  • Options
    So what your saying @AaronWebstey is that your expecting a little triathlete in about 9? 8->
    AaronWebsteymorganstyerRyan HeislerHMkrplunkitGentlemanJerseyDaveTheoScheck48
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    This is what a 2.5 hour delayed work opening looks like here in Maryland :-? (They are weather wimps but I'm not complaining haha)
    AaronWebstey
    HMKP
  • Options
    Just had a band move through that dumped 5" in 45 minutes. Ridiculous.

Wind has most lifts closed today, so looks like tomorrow will need to be a "Sick Day." Cough cough wheeeeeeze.
    HMkrplunkitAaronWebstey
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    HOWS EVERYONE DOIN?! Hunkering down all day today, drinking some beers catching up on game of thrones. whats everyone up to thats getting hit with snow???
    AaronWebstey
    village idiot
  • Options
    We only got about 8" and they say 3-4 more today. This is nothing. I knew around Midnight while out in the storm that it wasn't going to be what they predicted. I feel people are being overly critical of the precautions taken. Better to be over prepared than under and now everyone is getting shit for the fact that the storm was a dud.
    AaronWebsteymorganstyerPreachSwanson
  • Options
    Definitely ain't a dud here. I'm up to about 14" thus far.

Have a growler of Rising Tide's Ishmael to finish off.
    espej09AaronWebstey
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    You are up around Buffalo, correct?
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    @PreachSwanson that would either be a true miracle or a cruel joke by my junkologist.
    PreachSwansonHMkrplunkitRyan Heisler
  • Options
    @GentlemanJerseyDave Nah. Maine.
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    Quickly approaching 2 feet here. Dog refusing to go outside. Miraculously still have power.
    AaronWebstey
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    Yeah, I see the storm pushed well into New England and stayed mostly off-shore for us. Stay safe.
  • Options
    Ryan HeislerRyan Heisler Member
    edited January 2015
    Well over 2 feet, plus some good massive drifts in the driveway. Naturally, I dove off the porch into it, neck/back issues be damned. That was fun.
    AaronWebstey_MurMan
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    were just under 2ft in boston. 22in. have a little more coming. cant even imagine how it is in maine
    AaronWebstey
    village idiot
  • Options
    Ryan HeislerRyan Heisler Member
    edited January 2015
    Dylan is NOT HAPPY. image
    AaronWebstey
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    _MurMan_MurMan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    neither is your screen door lol @rrheisler
    Sean Murnane - East Coast Hooligan
  • Options
    @_MurMan yeah, I know. It's been busted since the first storm of the season.

Still dumping. It's ridiculous.
    _MurMan
    Resident Gear Guru

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch