frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Banned from Slowtwitch

KMRyanTriKMRyanTri Member, Pro Triathlete
I know I'm not the only one banned from the Slowtwitch forums. Let's hear your stories.
_MurManAaronWebstey

Comments

• Options
    Holy crap. How'd that happen?
    Ryan Heisler
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I'm not, but I don't go there much really... I would love to hear the story of how to get banned though. Also, is this a challenge?
    AaronWebsteyHSeeley14
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    There are two surefire easy ways to get the ban-hammer from ST:

1.) Use the word "retarded," well, ever. (Personally, I'm OK with that policy. Long story.)
    2.) Falsely accuse someone of being a doper with approximately zero proof.

I am not banned from Slowtwitch, which I think is due to my high tolerance for idiocy. I mean, I did work retail for a decade...you become tolerant.
    TheoAaronWebsteyRadowicz
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    I posted a photo of a chubby Tara Costa from the Kona broadcast (she was "The Biggest Loser" celebrity entry that year...and she's a stone-cold fox now) while mid-stride in a thread entitled "Are people who do Ironman good athletes". Obviously, I was arguing to the negative.
    AaronWebsteyoldmanchadRobert RankinHSeeley14
  • Options
    Yes, I realize that makes me an asshole.

But does that make me wrong?
    AaronWebsteydrjocyTheoDHansenTriHSeeley14Robert Rankin
  • Options
    Did they lock your up address or something? I should be banned from that site. What a time suck
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Impressive. Is Starky banned yet? Maybe Dark Mark
    AaronWebstey
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    I'm curious as to what I'd have to do to get banned from this forum.
    AaronWebsteyHSeeley14
  • Options
    _MurMan_MurMan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @KMRyanTri Im pretty confident the only way to get banned is to hurt @AaronWebstey feelings.. (he can be sensitive sometimes.)
    AaronWebstey
    Sean Murnane - East Coast Hooligan
  • Options
    @KMRyanTri, if you confess to drafting in order to win a race and then offer to let all of Blowsnitch a chance to ask you questions about it, they may let you back in. Of course you won't have to actually answer any questions just talk around it.
    AaronWebstey
    Nathan Kiser
    Just FYI, you... are also less than mediocre. -TheActualPaulo
  • Options
    regular_markregular_mark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM

Impressive. Is Starky banned yet? Maybe Dark Mark

I am generally not an asshole on that forum. I don't post much, actually. Have posed a lot of training questions in the past. Last post I was arguing in defense of marijuana.

AaronWebsteyoldmanchadJames LangeRadowiczItsShug
  • Options
    I honestly done use Slowtwitch much at all... I have currently been reading their Falco threads though.
    AaronWebstey
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    Keep in mind that ST can wind up being a promotional tool to drive people to the TRS stuff (e.g., it was an effective discussion tool during the IMF analysis). And hey, if we can prove to people that it's a more worthwhile experience to come hang here, it's a ripe ground for people who hate-read both there and Beginner Triathlete.
    AaronWebstey
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    Zach BoringZach Boring Member
    edited January 2015
    Ding ding ding @rrheisler

plus, when the bs of ST gets so boring, I come here for fun conversation that isn't rehashing the same question again. Plus here, there are very few rules. I'm sure even @KMRyanTri would find it hard to be banned from this forum.

AaronWebsteyHSeeley14
  • Options
    Don't even tempt me to provide more evidence of my acts of depravity.
    Ryan HeislerAaronWebsteytrsradio69Robert Rankin
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @Dark_Mark I called a CBC radio phone-in to register my disgust with testing for weed in sports (it was in regards to the Ross Reglibiati ordeal), back in my pro days. Seems like such horse shit to test for a lifestyle drug.

As for getting banned, this ain't that kinda party as far as I know. And if it is that kinda party, I'm stickin' my dick in the mashed potatas.

PS we all hate the r-word. Is it really auto-ban without a warning? I was in a lab once, late in the evening on a research ship with tensions running high and a few beers flowing. A senior tech who has a kid with Down's endured about 5 minutes of the r-word being tossed around, before saying "gentlemen. The use of the word 'retarded' is both insensitive and unnecessary. I am offended". I'll bet none of those guys ever say it again.
    James LangeHSeeley14
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey it used to get tossed around, Dan made his views pretty clear. Use since his declaration day, so to speak, has resulted in the auto-ban.
    AaronWebstey
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    Like sands through the hourglass, so is the bullshit drama of Slowtwitch
    AaronWebsteyHSeeley14DHansenTriHMkrplunkit
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @rrheisler fair enough, that makes sense.
  • Options
    I personally enjoy the absolute love-fest for anything made by Cervelo or Zipp.

That said, BT is way more of an asshat-magnet, IMO.
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    What's BT?
  • Options
    Beginner Triathlete. AKA the place where you can't make fun of anybody, can't complain much about race organizations, and ask dumber questions than in the Ironman Chattanooga Facebook group.
    AaronWebsteyHSeeley14DHansenTri
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    @rrheisler I just popped my head in over at the BT forum... 1) I foresee myself having a shit ton of fun laughing at them for the next few hours. 2) The legit first discussion I saw was "Shirt for a race I didn't do" and the response was "never wear it on top.. but you can wear it as a base layer." What the actually fuck??? If you're not an idiot that shirt is now a nice rag for bike cleaning. @AaronWebstey can we get an automated reply for "Don't ask stupid questions."? something similar to !beer ? and last but not least 3) I saw several people complaining of blisters and how to treat... four to be exact before I said out loud "Don't be such a pussy.. thats how you treat them" so I know @HSeeley14 would be proud of that lol
    Ryan HeislerAaronWebsteyPreachSwansonTheoJames LangeHSeeley14
  • Options
    @_MurMan the problem, too, is that none of them ask the more important question: how do I prevent them in the future? Which is to say, stop running in shitty socks and go get a real shoe fit.

Those kinds of posts earned me one-week vacations from BT.
    AaronWebstey_MurMan
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    Vacation?! :)) too funny. yeah, I read through some of the responses and I now feel a little dumber for having done that.. But I must say its not all bad but the bad ones are brutal and equally hilarious! Not that I know a lot but I can figure out what to do with a race shirt and how to deal with a blister..
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    I pulled out of Challenge Rancho Cordova last year with a knee issue (and massive burnout), but wear the shirt all of the time. Why? Because fuck WTC.

Which is an excellent segue into talking about WTC killing races. The existence of Challenge Rancho Cordova is why Lake Tahoe had a 70.3 this year.
    regular_mark
  • Options
    trsradio69trsradio69 Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Kevin Ryan is on fire today.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    @KMRyanTri has been on fire for about the last 4 days! http://triroost.com/best
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    If @KMRyanTri runs without a shirt on he just may be TRS Racing's favorite pro.

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch