frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Polar V800 User Support

Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
I need some education of the technical sort. I have a V800 and use Polar Flow to track my workouts. Is there an easy way to add them to Strava without doing it manually? Thanks.
Canadian Division

Comments

• Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Maybe the service described in this article? I used it to sync up Garmin and TP, before Garmin built in that function.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/12/automatically-training-fitness.html
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Found this one tonight and it worked quite well:
    http://www.flow2strava.com/
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    I'm bringing this one back from the dead.. The above problem was fixed with an update to the Polar Flow program. It works quite well. New one now though. I'm running into an interesting problem with my V800. It fails to track about 10% or so of my swim laps. Today I swam 50 m laps with a single flip turn and after the first 1000 m it really started missing the second half of the lap. I've tried a brief pause after the turn and coming off the wall hard after, as well as a couple of other things to try to get it to recognize the change in direction, but haven't been able to nail down what I need to do different. Anyone else run into this. It could very well be that the darn thing recognizes I'm just a crappy swimmer and need the practice. Its irritating from the standpoint that I was trying to record todays swim as a benchmark going forward. I've emailed Polar Support asking a question as well.
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    My tomtom misses about 1/4 of the lengths I swim. Still haven't figured out where I'm going wrong with it. And I was a swimmer, so it's not just triathletes who have this issue. Only thing I've been able to do is dump the fit file and edit it using swim watch tools online (can't remember the URL offhand).
    Craig D
  • Options
    @KHilgendorf Thanks. Polar does allow us to change the swim distance manually and it leaves all the rest of the calculations as they were as the data is not collected. I'll post whatever Polar comes back with for interests sake.
    Canadian Division

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch