frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Austin 70.3 homestay

kmarchant91kmarchant91 Member, Pro Triathlete
Hey folks,
My name is Kristen Marchant and I am a first-year pro from Canada, travelling to Austin for the race this coming weekend. I am having trouble finding a homestay and am wondering if anyone here is able to help me out?
Thanks!
Kristen

Comments

• Options
    trsradio69trsradio69 Member, TRS/Baucco Officers
    I just posted it to my private Austin tri group on facebook as well. Sorry I can't help you out. Blame @landon cassill for making me drive him around all weekend as we try to find vegan food in Fort Worth, Texas.
  • Options
    Zach BoringZach Boring Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Shouldn't he be driving you and training for the race? May take forever to get places though if he insists on turning left everywhere he goes @TheRealStarky
    KenElPescadoPeladoM_WareScheck48
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

May take forever to get places though if he insists on turning left everywhere he goes @TheRealStarky

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Actual footage of @TheRealStarky driving @landon cassill around last weekend

• Options
    trsradio69trsradio69 Member, TRS/Baucco Officers
    He never allowed me to drive. I wouldn't allow him to make direct eye contact with me.
    #rules
    Scheck48
  • Options
    FYI I fixed it for Kristen. She stayed at my place on Thursday night, and we got her a homestay for the rest of her trip. Not sure whats going on with Ironman though, I received a request from Heather Fuhr to consider a homestay back in August, completed the usual word questionnaire, sent it back... never heard a thing.

Corinne Abraham is staying with me for a month, and I only have a 2-bed house downtown (I guess "only" is an understatement for downtown), but heard from Kristen that Ironman no longer doing homestays for 70.3 ? WTF! Get paid nothing; buy own flights; no homestay provided, not even a list of people to contact? Resorting to begging on forums...

Sounds like an easy negotiation for a Pro Union...
    dazzer2aScheck48James LangeAaronWebsteyTheActualPauloDawnCsjogren

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch