frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

CES 2015.... WHAT!?!?!? So truly this was the break out story of CES this year.

By DC Rainmaker.... odds on the stars aligning to have Triathlon Media Celebrity in the same place at the same time!!!!

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/01/very-strange-vegas.html

danimal
Reformed Canadian

Comments

• Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Wow... just wow... I hope that @TheRealStarky handed that man a beer at the end of it all
    RadowiczDHansenTri
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    espej09espej09 Member
    edited January 2015
    Theres a guy here on Boston who all he does is ride/run inside. He actually does an annual indoor ironman.... @Radowicz knows who im talking about

I noticed Don isnt wearing asics...did he leave them for On Cloud??
    Radowicz
    village idiot
  • Options
    Tim Don deserves many free Vegas drinks. The guy in Boston "He who shall not be named" is a joke at indoor ironmans @espej09 I believe his bike was calibrated so it was going 30+mph and then ran a 4+ hour marathon. Jokes and Jokes.
    danimal
    TRS EAST COAST PLAYA
  • Options
    @danimal this sounds like a Team Elite workout, let's do it!
    danimal
    Polletta ~ TRS West
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Only way this could have been more brutal is if he had to ride on rollers
    danimal
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    Zach BoringZach Boring Member
    edited January 2015
    The only way I can see if this made sense for him was if he got some serious bonus money from Polar. Granted he took the whole day "easy" that is still a big effort. Or maybe it isn't for a pro of his caliber. Just a curious and odd thing that likely didn't appeal to many outside of the tri community. As if you couldn't make ironman seem any more boring.

Tim is a great guy though and it was cool to see him take home a second Ironman title. ;)
    AaronWebsteyScheck48James LangeHSeeley14
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options
    That sucks... I've done 2.4 in a pool - it's pretty bad, but doable. I do 5+ hour trainer rides very often, BUT I have a damn TV that I watch for at least 3 hours (then it gets to painful to focus). I can't even imagine a 3 hour treadmill marathon though. That's so boring, so fast, and he makes it look so easy. I wish someone would pay my wife all kinds of bonus cash to do that shit.
    Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.
  • Options
    I did 14 on the dreadmill this weekend. 16 on the docket for next weekend. winter blows.
    danimal
    Reformed Canadian
  • Options
    I'm impressed he didn't have a tv for either the stationary or treadmill. He's going to look back and kick himself at the missed opportunity to catch up on Orange is the New Black (you know, the most Tri oriented show out there)
    AaronWebstey
    Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete
  • Options
    HSeeley14HSeeley14 Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Not sure about Tim Don, but many pros have documented torturous 3+hr dreadmill sessions. I believe Sutto makes his athletes do those. I can only imagine the kind of things the pros do to train themselves mentally and likely suffering through a mind numbing pool, trainer or treadmill session is a hell of a way to make your mind tough as shit. Rinny recently said something along the lines of how she doesn't think about anything but eating, drinking and running during her IM marathon. I bet she preps for that during some brutal treadmill sessions. Tim Don barely even sweat, just a testament to his huh level of fitness.
    PreachSwansonAaronWebsteyJames Lange
  • Options
    @HSeeley14 funny you mention that about Rinny again. I decided to use it as a mental exercise during this three week exile in Romania. Even when I'm not hungry, I start dreaming about the next beer / chocolate cheesecake I'm probably going to stuff my face with. Does amazing things for my mood! Long and short of it, I think it works.
    danimal
    Reformed Canadian

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch