frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

CAN YOU SEE THE EDIT BUTTON?

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
***Desktop only, edit button does not work on mobile but at least it reliably doesn't work for anyone***

The 'edit post' button is driving me insane. It seems like some of us can see it, and some can't. Fucking magic. If you don't mind, please post:

1. Can you see the button (and click it) when hovering over one of your own posts
Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 9.04.26 PM

2. OS/Browser (e.g. Windows/Chrome, Mac/Safari, etc)

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Yes, Windows 10, Chrome Version 45.0.2454.101 m.
    AaronWebstey
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited October 2015
    No, OSX 10.10.5/Google Chrome 45.0.2454.99 (64-bit)
    No, OSX 10.10.5/Safari Version 8.0.8 (10600.8.9)

Edit: @AaronWebstey I will buy you a beer in Kona, but you will still lose the beer mile!
  • Options
    Zach BoringZach Boring Member
    edited October 2015
    Testing

Eta: webstey, you're not as much of a screw up as I previously thought.

Android phone, no clue on operating system, Google Chrome
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @Zach Boring does "Eta" mean "Edit"? If so, you could edit a post on your freaking phone?
  • Options
    Zach BoringZach Boring Member
    edited October 2015
    I have special privledge around here. I can do what I want.

But yes eta is "edited to add"

I can edit from mobile. Don't change anything. Screw those other people. I don't want to lose this access.

Edit: yep, still got it
    AaronWebsteyDHansenTri
  • Options
    I am so confused. Hoping for more input from users so I can detect a pattern.
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Can also edit from iPad using iOS 9.0.1
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    @Dark Mark and @TRIFantasy , please refresh and try editing a post again. I might punch myself in the balls if this works.
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey Sometimes it's easy to overlook the giant checkbook that says "allow editing". I'll forgive you.
  • Options
    It wasn't that simple!!!! But I should have thought of it before now.
  • Options
    Works for me now, i have the edit option, i do not have the delete option shown in your screenshot @AaronWebstey
  • Options
    I think you have to do a page refresh before the delete button will show up. That's a known issue with the forum software.
  • Options
    delete button still doesnt show but i dont care about that, edit works good!
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    The edit function is working now, but not delete. It wasn't working last week. Trust me, I tried...
    M_Ware

• Options
    I can see and use the edit button from my desktop. I'm using Explorer but I'm too much of a dipshit with technology to figure out which version etc.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    OS X 10.10.5 w/Safari - can see the edit option, but not delete.
    iOS 9.0.2 w/Safari - can see the edit option, but not delete.
    AaronWebstey

• Options
    Thanks everyone! Turns out 'delete' is an admin/mod-only thing. If you want to delete your post, just edit it and write 'post deleted' or whatever.

Thank you very much to everybody for the info. If anyone cares, it turns out that the ranking system (Rooster, Big Wattles, etc) was actually set up to revoke editing privileges when you level up. It's a bug in the forum's ranking module, which I'll be reporting to that module's editor.

Thanks again!
    A
    M_WareJames Lange
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    OSX 10.10.5
    Chrome 45.0.2454.101
    Can see edit, but not delete, even after refresh
    AaronWebstey
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph | Follow yournotunique

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Eat a dock.

I can see "edit" but not "delete".

Windows 7
    Chrome Version 45.0.2454.101 m
    AaronWebsteyJames Lange
    Do you know who I am?
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Edit yes, delete no.

MacOS 10.10.5, Chrome Version 45.0.2454.101 (64-bit)
    AaronWebstey
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch