frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Challenge Races

espej09espej09 Member
edited December 2014 in Main
Anyone here got a Challenge discount code for Quassy?? It seems to be the most expensive 70.3 they have out right now at 265$ compared to 199$ for Challenge AC....even 10% is something!
Im cheap yes I know...
AaronWebstey
village idiot

Comments

• Options
    Try EOBERG15 or JVANIS15. Should be 15% off.

Quassy is by far the most expensive race they put on, hence the inflated pricing versus other races. I would expect this pricing structure to become a trend for the national series.
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    Awesome thanks man! appreciate that
    village idiot
  • Options
    Is that code a one shot thing or can I use that today as well?
    Brinz - TRS East - Boston Chapter
  • Options
    HSeeley14HSeeley14 Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Those are still cheaper than Challenge Penticton half at $285 CAN, although I suppose with how good the US $ is right now that would be a good price for you guys.
  • Options
    Should be able to use repeatedly.
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    While we're speaking of Challenge races.... Challenge St. Andrews in New Brunswick is amazing. It is by far my favourite race...plus pretty sure Rinny and Tim will be racing there again, it's always great to see how awful you are in comparison.
    TheoJames Lange
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @HeatherLow That's starting to make its way onto my list of races I'm thinking about this year. It looks beautiful...
    HeatherLow
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    It's an amazing course @yournotunique and the town is beautiful. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @HeatherLow My brother used to go to hockey school there in the summer ... I spent many weeks camping there as a kid. Really hoping to get up there for Challenge.
    HeatherLow
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey wait. Your brother played hockey? In Canadia? I'm shocked. Shocked and surprised. Shocked and surprised and in disbelief.
    AaronWebsteyHeatherLowHSeeley14
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @yournotunique He also had a curly mullet.
    yournotunique
  • Options

@yournotunique He also had a curly mullet.

That goes without saying!
    AaronWebstey
    danimal
    Reformed Canadian
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey mullets all the way
    AaronWebstey
    village idiot
  • Options
    Ryan HeislerRyan Heisler Member
    edited January 2015
    Seeing as @AaronWebstey is our token Canadian, I propose that he be required to sport a mullet at all races.
    HSeeley14AaronWebstey
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    HSeeley14HSeeley14 Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    rrheisler said:

Seeing as @AaronWebstey is our token Canadian, I propose that he be required to sport a mullet at all races.

@rrheisler something tells me it won't be hard convincing @AaronWebstey to up the comic anti at races, but rather where to draw the line - is there a line?
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    Good call, @HSeeley14 ! As my wife will tell you, life with me is 10% convincing and 99% damage control. That's not a typo, living with me is so exhausting she has to give 109% every day.

This, however, was not even for comedy - I became immensely more popular with the ladies after my mom gave me the perm:

I think I was the 5th guy in my school to get one (my brother, lucky bastard, was 100% au natural).
    HSeeley14Ryan HeislerJames Langeregular_mark
  • Options
    First, I'm stealing the convincing and damage control bit. That's worth its weight in gold.

Secondly, it is patently obvious that this is required attire for Webstey at all races.

Thirdly, I wish I could pull off that much awesome. Sadly, my better sweater will have to suffice.
    AaronWebstey
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    I'll have to see if that old Chip n Pepper tshirt is still kicking around my folks' house (it actually might be; last year my mom gave my boys tshirts that I wore when I was 2).

What is the better sweater??? Pic please!
  • Options
    Definitely not posting, simply because I don't want to break the board with that much awesome.

Let's just say I'm always wearing two shirts.
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    I'm still confused, but I'll assume you just have a gorilla-ish amount of body hair. Or just a sweet sweatshirt with a picture of wolves on it that you can't bear to take off.
    Ryan Heisler
  • Options
    Had I not gotten the nickname Iceman, Chewbacca would be a worthy description.
    AaronWebstey
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    Iceman? More like NIceman!! BURN

FYI I will only ever be able to call you Heislerberg. It's not you, it's me.

I'm going to have to find/write a 'Toilet' plugin for the forum, so that whenever we hijack someone's thread we can just click on a toilet icon and flush our comments into a catch-all 'toilet bowl' thread.
    Ryan HeislerHSeeley14James Lange
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey , not sure if this will post once I hit the button, but I too rocked the business and the party hair.
    AaronWebstey
    TRS WEST - NOLA, Miller Lite Drinking Truck Driver
  • Options
    Is anyone planning on racing Challenge Poconos in August? I just received an email from Challenge offering a buy one, get anther registration 50% off. Normal entry is $220 for one, so two could get two entries for $330, saving ourselves $55.
    @Dark_Mark - I think I remember seeing that you were considering this?
    John Littlewood - A Cock from the Valleys
    TRS Racing

• Options
    It's near me (I'm in Philly), so it's on my consideration list, but I'm still trying to figure out which races I'll be able to get in shape for - having a baby doesn't make for easy training.
  • Options
    regular_markregular_mark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    I can definitely consider that @john_littlewood
  • Options
    Am I missing something or does today's Poconos/Florida email not make sense mathematically. It's BOGO 50% off. Reg entry is $220. @john_littlewood math seems sounds. However, their email claims this means you and a friend can get in at $110 each. Wouldn't that be BOGO Free?
  • Options
    I'd be in for a bogo deal with someone.
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options

I'd be in for a bogo deal with someone.

that sounds dirty
    Ryan HeislerAaronWebsteyHSeeley14
    seems like kind of an asshole =)
  • Options

Am I missing something or does today's Poconos/Florida email not make sense mathematically. It's BOGO 50% off. Reg entry is $220. @john_littlewood math seems sounds. However, their email claims this means you and a friend can get in at $110 each. Wouldn't that be BOGO Free?

I love those folks to death, but math ain't their strong suit. It'll be $330, just based on how it went with prior emails.
    Resident Gear Guru

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch