frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

WTB Carbon Clincher Wheelset - 11spd

Looking for a pair of daily driver CC wheels, budget $1k or less.

Comments

• Options
    Open to hed jet 6+ :)
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options
    ? I know not cc but just throwing it out there
  • Options
    Jason LentzkeJason Lentzke Member
    edited August 2015
    I've never ridden them but open for sure. Better stopping power is never a bad thing! Do you have personal experience?
  • Options
    Yeah I have a set I would be willing to sell. Looking for $1050 shipped but would do $1000 here. Like new and take off a P5. Awesome wheels. I just don't need to ride around on my back up bike with them.....

I use hed for my tri race wheels and love them. Also like not having to switch pads and the stopping is hard to rival with carbon. But that's just me. Many swear by carbon brake tracks with certain pads. I've always just like the aluminum.

Let me know and I can get you some pics.
  • Options
    Tempting! Let me ponder this further. Thanks for the info
  • Options
    Jason I'm also selling some HEDs. They are a 6/9 combo 11 speed. If things don't work with Zach let me know.
    Jason Lentzke
  • Options
    @zachboring can you send photos to my email? also, what PSI do you run on that wheelset?
  • Options
    @Jason Lentzke sending now! I typically run 95/100 front rear. But I'm also a fat piece of turd. I think HED states max is 100 psi on these, but I have gone over for road races by about 5-10 psi.
  • Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @Jason Lentzke if borings dont work out, I have a deal on Boyd wheel sets brand new, 40mm, 60mm, and 90mm clincher or tubular, email me if you want details z.runobx@gmail.com

Leave a Comment

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch