frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

HOME DENTISTRY HELP!!??

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
Wife broke off a filling on a wasabi pea ... Any advice, dentists? She has it loosely covering her snaggletooth right now.

Comments

• Options
    Paging @drjocy. @drjocy to the thread!
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Really though!! It's more of a crown than a filling. It's like a fake tooth that covers a little stub tooth. @drjocy you there?
  • Options
    Duct tape.
    AaronWebsteyyournotunique
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    @rrheisler TW says FU :)
    Ryan HeislerHSeeley14yournotunique
  • Options
    I probably deserve that.
    AaronWebstey
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    HSeeley14HSeeley14 Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Had a cap pop off last year and the tooth was super sensitive. Had to live with it for a few days because I was working remotely in the Yukon. Someone I worked with had dentures so I borrowed some polydent and packed the tooth hahaha, it actually worked!
    AaronWebsteydrjocyJames Langeyournotunique
  • Options
    Thanks @HSeeley14 ! I got some poligrip and was wondering if it would work :)
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey Dr Jocy here to the rescue. Read the disclaimer though, I went to 2 different parties last night so my answer might not be to accurate.
    If its a piece of porcelain that chipped off of a metal crown, its Ok it is just a cosmetic covering
    I need more details. Front tooth, upper, lower, back tooth big molar etc. can you snap a picture and post it here? That would help a lot
    Duckies
    Dr. Jocy - TRS EAST Bitches!
  • Options
    Thank you!! It is the top right (her right), the one beside the front teeth. Her real tooth is baby-sized and it has a cosmetic covering that was billed as a filling on her insurance. When the covering mostly came off due to the bite, there was still some pretty sharp filling material stuck to it. She has stuck it back on but is worried it will fall out and/or get swallowed. It was done about 4 years ago and as you can see in the photo it has cracked down the side.
    Thank you for any advice!!
    IMG_20141225_202052~2
  • Options
    do not put it back in place. If it is loose she might aspirate it or swallow it which means it might perforate her stomach or lungs. she can make it through the weekend  without it. It does not look like a real dental emergency (no infection or pain). Next Monday she can go in and get a new "bonding". Don't you guys have free dental services in Canada? ( disclaimer : I just got back from happy hour -5 glasses of champagne)
    AaronWebsteyDuckies
    Dr. Jocy - TRS EAST Bitches!
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Amputate.
    danimal
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    Thank you so much @drjocy !! She took it back out before bed last night. Very helpful!!!
    drjocy

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch