frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

How about an APP?

First off, Websty EXCELLENT work on the forum...

is it possible....to create an app TRS or something? I know very little about technology and the forum is pretty new...is it something hard to develop??  just a thought

village idiot

Comments

• Options
    Was totally going to ask "is there an app for that?" Haha =))
    HMKP
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Pluses of an app: notifications on phone, possible better interface.  Minuses: no app exists yet.  It's listed as a $2000-$3500 job on a freelance development site, so it's not trivial :)  

Could be worth looking into down the road, but unless there's an app developer in the group who's willing to donate 40 to 60 hours of work, it probably won't happen any time soon, unfortunately.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    _MurMan_MurMan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @AaronWebstey What about creating a link for this on the actual blog? drive traffic to the site and people that check on the TheRealStarky.com can bounce on over and see what a fun-non ass kissing team looks like?

Sean Murnane - East Coast Hooligan

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Good question. @TheRealStarky and I actually talked about embedding the forum into the blog, which actually looked surprisingly decent when I tried it out.  Could cause headaches down the road if his blog system or the forum system were to change, but there are advantages too.  Where's @rrheisler at?  Hey Heislerberg, got an opinion on embedding this bitch into TRS's blog?

As far as adding a link from TRS website to here, I see 2 possibilities:
    1. He hasn't thought of it and/or hasn't had time
    2. He isn't ready to call the forum "ready for prime time" yet

TRS if you'd like me to add a link from your blog, let me know.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    First off, 100 points to @AaronWebstey for the Breaking Bad reference. Well played. And unbelievably, the first time someone has ever used it.

I could see the same LT issues that you speak about, particularly if the forum or blog were ever imported elsewhere. I think a link over from the site over to here would probably make more sense than anything else as a short-term solution, assuming that we're ready to call this "prime-time."
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    Seriously??  I thought I was being ironic, like the whole Under Pressure thing with Her Majesty @Kpressure :)

Thanks for the advice, that's what I figured too.
    trsradio69
    #KOAT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch